Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

If you were in our shoes mate would you be happy with mcpake?

It's a bit of a lottery really, he could be a success or it could bomb. (just like any appointment) Like I said before, hopefully he learns from the mistakes he made at Dens. He's got all the uefa diplomas. I think he would do well.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It's a bit of a lottery really, he could be a success or it could bomb. (just like any appointment) Like I said before, hopefully he learns from the mistakes he made at Dens. He's got all the uefa diplomas. I think he would do well.

Thank you.

Why don’t you just take him back then?

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

I’m starting to get the feeling that we’re gonna be sitting at the bar (still) when time is called, with beer googles firmly in place, and end up with someone truly terrifying.

So true. We were first to arrive at the party and are watching our rivals casually turn up 30 minutes before closing time and help themselves. 

As usual we'll be paying peanuts to get the monkey, its obvious they're expecting the fans to cough up for their financial feck up in signing you know who, and if that turns out to be the case they'll end up with even more lost revenue

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

Almost like this could've been avoided by not waiting until the last moment to make McGlynn an offer, assuming they were indeed serious about keeping him. Zero backup plan in place and it's apparent.

The Dundee and Dunfermline jobs have come available during the intervening period, with Dunfermline probably still representing a more attractive proposition. We have already been outflanked by a League One side, after all. 

Edited by Michael W

It seems clear:

1) There was a feeling that JMcG would wait around for Raith to offer.

2) They were mulling stuff over and considering replacements for JMcG when Falkirk nuked Rennie and asked to speak to JMcG.

3) They panicked and tried to sign JMcG but were outclassed/outbid.

4) They tried to make it look intentional by designing a long application period.

5) They failed to consider what other teams might do in the same period.

6) Like ostriches, they ignored the fact the job is somewhat unappealing due to press and budget concerns.

7) They stuck to the timeline, even after it became apparent it was an error.

…and now…

They’ll probably hire the wrong guy!

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It seems clear:

1) There was a feeling that JMcG would wait around for Raith to offer.

2) They were mulling stuff over and considering replacements for JMcG when Falkirk nuked Rennie and asked to speak to JMcG.

3) They panicked and tried to sign JMcG but were outclassed/outbid.

4) They tried to make it look intentional by designing a long application period.

5) They failed to consider what other teams might do in the same period.

6) Like ostriches, they ignored the fact the job is somewhat unappealing due to press and budget concerns.

7) They stuck to the timeline, even after it became apparent it was an error.

…and now…

They’ll probably hire the wrong guy!

Dont think any of that is "clear" tbh.

7 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Hoping for Ian Murray, would accept Thomson as long as he stops embarrassing himself on social media but expecting he goes to Dundee and probably the right outcome.

Accepting we'll end up with James McPake, Jim Duffy or Nacho Novo.

Don’t think there is any danger of Duffy or novo but definitely looks like fox or mcpake to me . Have heard from another source Thomson is a done deal to Dundee but who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Don’t think there is any danger of Duffy or novo but definitely looks like fox or mcpake to me . Have heard from another source Thomson is a done deal to Dundee but who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️

If the rumours of Murray to the Pars are also true we're done. 

They must've wanted Thomson that they asked permission to speak with him, he's obviously turned us down for whatever reason (money). Its likely Berra is being earmarked for player / assistant manager to who wants the job (Fox)

They're bound to realise the supporters wont stomach another fiasco

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If the rumours of Murray to the Pars are also true we're done. 

Would really hope we have a go at getting Murray because that league could be a graveyard for a couple of managers if they don’t get up including Mcglynn. If we don’t flirt with relegation then job is probably safe 

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

They must've wanted Thomson that they asked permission to speak with him, he's obviously turned us down for whatever reason (money). Its likely Berra is being earmarked for player / assistant manager to who wants the job (Fox)

They're bound to realise the supporters wont stomach another fiasco

Yeah there is probably some truth in that 

28 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

They’ve not long put out a statement saying they’ve not even interviewed anyone but have got a short list, maybe your source is talking pish (or he could be right)….. 

remember Thomson was supposedly a done deal at Killie but opted against it for Derek McInnes, I think Dundee will try go all out for Jack Ross, someone that knows the league and has gotten out of it..

tbh no one knows at this point there’s so many names banded about for both jobs don’t know what’s true