Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, not managerial experience then?

You wouldn’t consider an assistant manager as gaining managerial experience?

Your last 2 managers are;

Peter Grant( a man who’s greatest achievement was relegating Alloa Athletic)

And Yogi( who’s last thing on his CV was relegating a team who one year before, finished comfortably in the playoffs 19 points ahead of fifth, against a team who then went more than a calendar year searching for their next win.)

I reckon you should probably look into your own board and their decision making instead of ours tbh.

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Your last 2 managers are;

Peter Grant( a man who’s greatest achievement was relegating Alloa Athletic)

And Yogi( who’s last thing on his CV was relegating a team who one year before, finished comfortably in the playoffs 19 points ahead of fifth, against a team who then went more than a calendar year searching for their next win.)

I reckon you should probably look into your own board and their decision making instead of ours tbh.

Bold words coming from the fan of a club that signed a rapist and still pays him to do nothing. 

Being an assistant manager is not managerial experience because in the vast majority of cases it carries little executive decision-making or responsibility for that. 

7 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Um, no? Probably because it's not tbf.

As for the nonsense about the Pars, do you seriously think we're not aware how shite our recent managerial appointments have been? Why that has anything to do with the subject being discussed is beyond me.

30 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Much needed statement 

Statement doesn't really say that much though, does it? 

On the other hand, can I copy it & change the words slightly so it calms folk on our thread down to a riot? Some of them are on the brink of having an absolute meltdown.......

20 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Statement doesn't really say that much though, does it? 

On the other hand, can I copy it & change the words slightly so it calms folk on our thread down to a riot? Some of them are on the brink of having an absolute meltdown.......

Feel free 😂😂but at least it commits to making an appointment next week, you guys don’t need a new boss 😜😂

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

I know folk are fed up with me wanging on about club communication, but just compare and contrast these two:

Football Management Update 

The club confirms that we have shortlisted applicants for the football management position and have started the recruitment process. Interviews have been taking place, with more scheduled.

We have been overwhelmed at the number of candidates and delighted with the quality that applied to be Raith Rovers First Team manager.

The club will look to make a final decision and to announce the appointment of our new manager next week.

A Short Recruitment Update

Hi everyone,

After receiving a huge number of really impressive applications for the role of First Team manager, I’m pleased to confirm that we’ve whittled them down to a shortlist of candidates that we're taking into the next stage of the recruitment process.

A number of interviews have already taken place, with more scheduled for this week. We’ll make our final decision after the last of those, and I expect we’ll be able to reveal the identity of our new manager by the middle of next week.

I’d like to thank you for your patience as we conduct this thorough process, but I’m sure you’ll agree that it’s important we do everything it takes to get the right person to take us forward. 

Steven MacDonald - Chairman

Materially, it's exactly the same information, but putting a name on it at least gives the process a bit of a face and some perceived accountability (even if the Chairman is away on a golfing holiday).

It just feels a bit more like you're being given an update by someone who wants you to know what's going on, as opposed to a cold, anodyne notice. 

It's a really minor change, it took me two minutes to rehash that, but it can make a huge difference to how people feel about the communication they're getting. 

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I know folk are fed up with me wanging on about club communication, but just compare and contrast these two:

Football Management Update 

The club confirms that we have shortlisted applicants for the football management position and have started the recruitment process. Interviews have been taking place, with more scheduled.

We have been overwhelmed at the number of candidates and delighted with the quality that applied to be Raith Rovers First Team manager.

The club will look to make a final decision and to announce the appointment of our new manager next week.

A Short Recruitment Update

Hi everyone,

After receiving a huge number of really impressive applications for the role of First Team manager, I’m pleased to confirm that we’ve whittled them down to a shortlist of candidates that we're taking into the next stage of the recruitment process.

A number of interviews have already taken place, with more scheduled for this week. We’ll make our final decision after the last of those, and I expect we’ll be able to reveal the identity of our new manager by the middle of next week.

I’d like to thank you for your patience as we conduct this thorough process, but I’m sure you’ll agree that it’s important we do everything it takes to get the right person to take us forward. 

Steven MacDonald - Chairman

Materially, it's exactly the same information, but putting a name on it at least gives the process a bit of a face and some perceived accountability (even if the Chairman is away on a golfing holiday).

It just feels a bit more like you're being given an update by someone who wants you to know what's going on, as opposed to a cold, anodyne notice. 

It's a really minor change, it took me two minutes to rehash that, but it can make a huge difference to how people feel about the communication they're getting. 

So the new media man is making a big difference  then 🤔 

"We have been overwhelmed at the number of candidates and delighted with the quality..."

We hear that everytime, including before Gary Locke was appointed.

I sincerely doubt that the BoD have the slightest clue about managerial merit. It's pot luck.

Edited by Raith_Raver

41 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

"We have been overwhelmed at the number of candidates and delighted with the quality..."

We hear that everytime, including before Gary Locke was appointed.

I sincerely doubt that the BoD have the slightest clue about managerial merit. It's pot luck.

"Delighted with the quality" probably translates as "there's a couple of names we've heard of". 

8 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

I understand what you are saying here but the second comes across a little too informal for my liking. I'm happy with the no nonsense update even if it is just a few buzzwords and statements which amount to asking the fans to calm down.

We don't need our hand held through the process.