Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Imagine my excitement logging in and seeing us top of the championship forum! Unfortunately when I get here we're no further forward.

Any time pressed organisation will be shortlisting as they go, and not waiting until closing time to do so. There's no good reason contacts couldn't be made so that we're ready to interview yesterday and today, and for all we know, we have been. No informed press speculation eg Alan Temple adds to the anticipation. I for one am quite moist.

Hoping Dundee take from the frontrunners Ross, Charlie Adam or Darren O’Dea.

because if they get KT then we’re in for a tough ride because we will get someone like McPake or Fox both let’s be real ain’t good enough as proven.

As stated this could be worrying times for supporters 

We've only just started shortlisting, so there'll probably be at least a week before we focus in on anyone. I'd say KT will be a clear candidate as it would make sense considering if the club insists on giving Gordon Strachan an increased role, but everything is little more than rumours. Aside from Gavin Strachan, which has been total rubbish from the start caused by one troll on the Dundee forum.

13 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

We've only just started shortlisting, so there'll probably be at least a week before we focus in on anyone. I'd say KT will be a clear candidate as it would make sense considering if the club insists on giving Gordon Strachan an increased role, but everything is little more than rumours. Aside from Gavin Strachan, which has been total rubbish from the start caused by one troll on the Dundee forum.

I think the KT thing is one of those where papers/journos go, there’s a job available let’s link him to it, like they do with Hughes, but now they’re doing it with KT like you say just rumours at this stage 

25 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

This is true mate but imo we let Mcglynn leave no matter what they say officially and kinda hoped we had a plan to replace him

Wasn't McGlynn out of contract at the end of the season? If so, the only way the club could have kept McGlynn was to offer a better deal than Falkirk's. But it's very hard to keep a manager who is determined to leave. Even if the club has a contingency plan to replace a manager, the timing of his departure can screw it up.

If you want to keep a player or manager, it's risky to let him to enter the last few months of his contract. On the other hand, terminating contracts early is expensive. Getting rid of Caldwell and his dud signings (and Archie's) probably cost us a small fortune. Archie was on gardening leave during Caldwell's tenure. 

Your Board has some tough decisions to make over the next week or so and it would be foolish to rush them.

15 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Wasn't McGlynn out of contract at the end of the season? If so, the only way the club could have kept McGlynn was to offer a better deal than Falkirk's. But it's very hard to keep a manager who is determined to leave. Even if the club has a contingency plan to replace a manager, the timing of his departure can screw it up.

If you want to keep a player or manager, it's risky to let him to enter the last few months of his contract. On the other hand, terminating contracts early is expensive. Getting rid of Caldwell and his dud signings (and Archie's) probably cost us a small fortune. Archie was on gardening leave during Caldwell's tenure. 

Your Board has some tough decisions to make over the next week or so and it would be foolish to rush them.

Your right they do and I can only hope they get it right 

18 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Rab Douglas said in the paper he would be a good fit for us so he probably has been interviewed, not sure if I would be happy with that tbh🤷🏻‍♂️ Bit of the Gary Locke about him

McPake did take Dundee up against the odds.  Gary Locke can't tie his own shoe laces. 

I think he would be a good choice.