Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

There was a Courier journo saying he thought Thomson would get it. 

Ross is never going to go there and work under Strachan but Thomson, who played for him, might well do. 

You could be right about the courier journo, but I was just saying that I saw the 2 names linked was Ross and Strachans son and not seen the KT links 

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We are doing the decent thing and holding off to allow the candidates to apply for any other vacancies that come up. If they fall through they know we will be waiting as a safety net. 

“Christophe Berra was always our first choice.”

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

“Christophe Berra was always our first choice.”

“Liam Fox was the standout candidate and as former player he knows the club and the fans, coaching experience at Dundee United, we felt he could take us forward” that will be part of the statement 

‘As a forward looking and all-inclusive club we are delighted to announce a revolutionary new approach to club management. Welcome Yogi Hughes, the first ever manager to lead two clubs at the same time’ 

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Another Day and still no incline of who it’s going to be, and as the days go on the more I fear it’s going to be some absolute dud that’s going to take us backwards 

Applications only closed on Friday so you will need to be patient. The Board will need at least a few days to shortlist, interview and assess the applicants. There could be some decent candidates that were not on their radar. Act in haste and repent at leisure - as the Jags did after appointing Gary Caldwell!

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Applications only closed on Friday so you will need to be patient. The Board will need at least a few days to shortlist, interview and assess the applicants. There could be some decent candidates that were not on their radar. Act in haste and repent at leisure - as the Jags did after appointing Gary Caldwell!

But they gave applicants nearly 2 weeks to apply, most will have applied in the first week so I think they should be a bit down the road to this appointment tbh and a couple of teams looking for managers so we need to get the finger oot imo 

Just now, Been going too long said:

But they gave applicants nearly 2 weeks to apply, most will have applied in the first week so I think they should be a bit down the road to this appointment tbh and a couple of teams looking for managers so we need to get the finger oot imo 

Also I’ve seen that Dundee are interested in Thomson (could be the usual paper talk pish) that could be the main target we lose out on 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

You don't know what's happening.. Much will depend on whether the shortlisted candidates are free agents or in post.

The top target's club may not wish to release him from his contract or is demanding too much compensation.

Recruitment is a risky business and even big clubs have trouble getting who they want. Eddie Howe strung Celtic along for months.

4 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

You don't know what's happening.. Much will depend on whether the shortlisted candidates are free agents or in post.

The top target's club may not wish to release him from his contract or is demanding too much compensation.

Recruitment is a risky business and even big clubs have trouble getting who they want. Eddie Howe strung Celtic along for months.

This is true mate but imo we let Mcglynn leave no matter what they say officially and kinda hoped we had a plan to replace him