Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

A "poor queen's park" who beat and relegated dunfermline, which is something we didn't manage this season. 

I wouldn't look too much into that. Having been at the QP game against Dunfermline both teams looked absolutely terrible. Dunfermline in particular looked nothing like the side we faced in each game last season. If that current QP side is 'well backed' then someone is paying far too much on some amount of dross. 

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Because most teams back then, and even up to the 40’s 50’s were amateur. Queens Park for some reason stayed amateur till a few seasons ago. 

Absolutely not the case.

You'll find that by the late 1890's football clubs in the top two leagues in Scotland were all professional with the occasional amateur player on their books. Indeed the Scottish players were greatly sought after by, especially, northern English clubs that had gone professional. Early top clubs such as Preston North End, Darwen, Blackburn Rovers were desperate to get the "professors" (name given to Scottish professional players) into their clubs.

QP chose to stay amateur for so long because it was part of the whole ethos of the club. They were last in the top league in 1957-58 season being relegated with East Fife.

As far as I can recall the club is/was structured around members who voted for a committee. Said committee and members of the club voted  narrowly to go professional when Willie Haughey decided to bankroll them.

I await to be to be corrected by a Spider's fan.😌

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Would expect to hear something this week surely?🙏🏻 No point dragging this out any longer 

It has to, because we’ve still got players out of contract to sort, teams are already signing players and the longer we drag this on the further we fall behind the rest, if we don’t hear by Thursday/Friday the least al start to worry 

6 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Would expect to hear something this week surely?🙏🏻 No point dragging this out any longer 

Strong rumours that Morton are soon to be looking for a manager as well so yet more competition likely in that market. 

If there was ever any doubt as to whether we had any sort of plan in place should McGlynn leave, its now clear that we didn't. 

7 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Strong rumours that Morton are soon to be looking for a manager as well so yet more competition likely in that market. 

If there was ever any doubt as to whether we had any sort of plan in place should McGlynn leave, its now clear that we didn't. 

I’m getting that feeling too that the board just assumed McGlynn would sign whatever was put in front of him then when he left they kinda panicked.

i still think their heart is set on Thomson but if they don’t get the finger out they might lose him as well. 

13 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah finger oot springs to mind 

4 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I’m getting that feeling too that the board just assumed McGlynn would sign whatever was put in front of him then when he left they kinda panicked.

i still think their heart is set on Thomson but if they don’t get the finger out they might lose him as well. 

I really don't want Thomson. All he talks about and tweets is Rangers.

3 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

I really don't want Thomson. All he talks about and tweets is Rangers.

I totally get why people don’t want Thomson, the rangers stuff, the Kelty budget and his managerial ability, if he’s appointed we need to give him a chance and see what he’s really made off 

8 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I totally get why people don’t want Thomson, the rangers stuff, the Kelty budget and his managerial ability, if he’s appointed we need to give him a chance and see what he’s really made off 

Please let it be Murray.