Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 14/05/2022 at 14:42, TxRover said:

With the reports of a severely constrained budget

Source please?

The only place I've seen this line trotted out is on here, and mostly by you.

McGlynn walked because he was offered better terms at Falkirk and didn't want to take any blame for DG. Nothing more, nothing less. 

On 14/05/2022 at 14:42, TxRover said:

With the reports of a severely constrained budget, it seems likely that Arnott and Young have good chances of contributing, although Young is behind Dick. That being said, Dick has played RB before…(no need to pick, @foreverarover, that one picks itself).

Mitchell could develop somewhat with occasional play with us next year, but after his display at Bo’ness, I’d to see him get time with a decent League Two team, or any League One team that will assure us he’ll get a decent amount of time (Falkirk, anyone), if he shows ability. He looks very much on the early Bowie trajectory, for now.

Young would also profit from a loan, but we’re too thin for now to think about that.

Arnott would seem, to me, to be a no-brainer for time from any gaffer.

What is your obsession with the youth at the club. If they are good enough they will play. Mahady IMO will be released, Bow from what I've heard will also be away, struggling with an injury. 

If Thomson takes the job I'm sure he will be given a budget that he is happy with as he wants to prove himself and move on to bigger things. Unlikely to happen if he takes us backwards. 

23 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

Source please?

The only place I've seen this line trotted out is on here, and mostly by you.

McGlynn walked because he was offered better terms at Falkirk and didn't want to take any blame for DG. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Multiple commentators, including some whose insight has panned out, have noted a budget tightening for next year.

13 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

What is your obsession with the youth at the club. If they are good enough they will play. Mahady IMO will be released, Bow from what I've heard will also be away, struggling with an injury. 

If Thomson takes the job I'm sure he will be given a budget that he is happy with as he wants to prove himself and move on to bigger things. Unlikely to happen if he takes us backwards. 

The request of some commentators that the über-cynical Tx depart and the youth cheerleader return…your quoted item was a response to a direct request, sorry to be accommodating.

9 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Whoever the manager is, I think the market for players just got even tougher. Another team who can offer higher wages than we can and Championship football, in addition to the clubs in the league below who might be able to outbid us. 

Agreed. This is a bad outcome for us. 

The current Queens squad would in all likelihood get relegated from the Championship, but they have a decent base there to build on and the club is cash-rich. 

Could be a fair bit of teeth gnashing when they outbid us for players. 

4 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Hes managed a team that couldn,t beat a poor Queens Park over two games

Aye get him in pronto

The only possible candidates, in this case, are someone that has never managed before or Kevin Thomson, who won League 2 with a budget more akin to a Championship club. 

He also presided over a 20 game unbeaten streak this season and had them neck and neck with Cove, another money team. 

Anyone else we bring in will have failures. 

Edited by Michael W

27 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Aye get him in pronto

A "poor queen's park" who beat and relegated dunfermline, which is something we didn't manage this season. 

28 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Aye get him in pronto

Yep. He also managed them to a finish 21 points ahead of that same side. 

Murray has done a good job at two different teams now. There is nobody else on the list of candidates who can say that. 

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Why are we worried about Queens Park all of a sudden? Yes they are well backed doesn’t necessarily mean they will succeed in the championship, if we make the right appointment we will get top4/top6 comfortably next season 

Is top 6 a thing in the Championship? A triumph for marketing that anyone gives a toss about coming 6th.

9 minutes ago, grumswall said:

A "poor queen's park" who beat and relegated dunfermline, which is something we didn't manage this season. 

Queens Park have been sleeping Giants for over 100 years. Why they stayed Amateur for so long I don’t know.