Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Did what Ferguson couldn't have so there's some talent there. Obviously has something as a coach.

I'm not sure that constitutes evidence of talent tbf. Ferguson is a complete diddy.

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not sure that constitutes evidence of talent tbf. Ferguson is a complete diddy.

In general I tend to agree, the point was merely that he (KT) had the same finances as his predecessor but made a far better fist of it. Granted that means they still may both be pish but he only had to be slightly less pish to succeed. 

The word seems to be that he's a decent coach who's teams play attractive football but even so he's still largely untested (budget wise). Then there's the other issue of his rumoured personality. 

49 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

In general I tend to agree, the point was merely that he (KT) had the same finances as his predecessor but made a far better fist of it. Granted that means they still may both be pish but he only had to be slightly less pish to succeed. 

The word seems to be that he's a decent coach who's teams play attractive football but even so he's still largely untested (budget wise). Then there's the other issue of his rumoured personality. 

Whilst Ferguson is, undoubtedly, a complete haddy, he did get Kelty promoted into League Two last year before leaving to take the Alloa job. He never had a go at managing in League Two with Kelty. However, his tenure at Alloa was pretty laughable.

Forgive me if you meant something completely different and I’ve misinterpreted you!

13 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Thomson has been down at Aston Villa for a few days to check out their training etc. Was at the Liverpool game last night.

Already looking forward to us getting John McGinn on loan next season. 

4 hours ago, Scottydog said:

My tuppenceworth.

A Rangers supporting friend has connections at Kelty and gave me his views/insights 

Pro's for Thomson

Well thought of at Ibrox, so much so he's seen as a potential future boss. Did what Ferguson couldn't have so there's some talent there. Obviously has something as a coach.

Cons,

Kelty rumoured to be uncomfortable with him and won't be unhappy if he goes. 

Word is a decent coach but a bit of a balloon.

On McGynn.

Clearly forced out to make it easy for the board (Sim), was neither rated nor liked by JS.

McGlynn supposedly identified 3 players in January that he thought would do a job, Goodwillie, Lafferty & Griffiths. At the end of the day the board chose DG, they had the final say in the matter not the manager.

Just to kick a bit more life put the DG situation. If this is the case then the board have quite clearly gone for the cheapest option here. 

It also calls into question how much say McGlynn had over transfers. 

Also who negotiated this? 

8 hours ago, pub car king said:

It also calls into question how much say McGlynn had over transfers. 

Not necessarily. If McGlynn has went to the board and identified Lafferty, Griffiths and Goodwillie as players who could do a job for us you'd 'assume' he'd have been happy with whatever player the board could realistically afford. It was also spoken about that 7 members of staff voted through the deal so that'll be the 4 board members, CEO, McGlynn and Smith. 

14 hours ago, Scottydog said:

My tuppenceworth.

A Rangers supporting friend has connections at Kelty and gave me his views/insights 

Pro's for Thomson

Well thought of at Ibrox, so much so he's seen as a potential future boss. Did what Ferguson couldn't have so there's some talent there. Obviously has something as a coach.

Cons,

Kelty rumoured to be uncomfortable with him and won't be unhappy if he goes. 

Word is a decent coach but a bit of a balloon.

On McGynn.

Clearly forced out to make it easy for the board (Sim), was neither rated nor liked by JS.

McGlynn supposedly identified 3 players in January that he thought would do a job, Goodwillie, Lafferty & Griffiths. At the end of the day the board chose DG, they had the final say in the matter not the manager.

The other way to look at it is they backed their manager and brought in one of his targets. The fact McGlynn even suggested him means he's hugely culpable in what followed. Had he just suggested the other two or that he would simply play Poplatnick then the last 4 months would been very different.

I'm happy with Thomson, hopefully he plays 2 up front at home.

6 minutes ago, deeky said:

Thomson the new favourite for Hartlepool job according to the Daily Record

Much like the Sun, I wouldn't believe the date on that rag, mind you its strange how our signing targets all of a sudden appeal to English clubs , and other candidates are on a short list when the closing date isn't until tomorrow

I doubt Thomson is a target for any English club. I think he needs another job before then to prove he didn't win a diddy league with a budget that dwarfed everyone else combined. 

On 04/05/2022 at 15:36, Scary Bear said:

I went for Berra. The cheap and easy option after everyone else has heard the budget and told us to bolt.

It’s going to happen, isn’t it? I hadn’t factored in the punters that we want dicking us about waiting for better offers.

Godspeed Christophe.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

I doubt Thomson is a target for any English club. I think he needs another job before then to prove he didn't win a diddy league with a budget that dwarfed everyone else combined. 

What’s Scott Brown done to be in the frame for the Fleetwood job?

Brown officially named as Fleetwood manager. Thats a big gamble for them a first time manager who has barely coached and never played in England. I think both parties are in for a shock. 

At least if it had been is he has a whole career in scottish football. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

At least if it had been is he has a whole career in scottish football. 

I found a free sentence diagramming program and loaded this gem…it grunted and groaned for a while and then threw its arms up. I think I have an idea what was intended, but this may be one of the best examples of autocorrect insanity yet.

Not necessarily. If McGlynn has went to the board and identified Lafferty, Griffiths and Goodwillie as players who could do a job for us you'd 'assume' he'd have been happy with whatever player the board could realistically afford. It was also spoken about that 7 members of staff voted through the deal so that'll be the 4 board members, CEO, McGlynn and Smith. 
Lafferty for 6 months would have been a no brainer compared to what we ended up with. Irrespective of his past a player who was becoming injury prone and no resale value to boot.