Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

We should be going all out for Thomson.

I'd imagine he'll be on a fair wedge at Kelty so that alone could rule him out,  along with a good few others, depend how much our biard want to pay Broony could be in for a shock lol

8 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I'd imagine he'll be on a fair wedge at Kelty so that alone could rule him out,  along with a good few others, depend how much our biard want to pay Broony could be in for a shock lol

Indeed. I can imagine conversations with a few interested parties being over within 10 minutes. 

I see Petrie on the odds list all the time, and constantly hear that his “day job” will keep him at Montrose. It just makes me wonder, is it that he wants to keep managing part time only because that other job pays too well, or that no full time job would be lucrative enough to quit his other work? If it’s the part time portion, if Arbroath were to need a manager, since it’s only a hop down the road…

4 hours ago, thediamonddude said:

I would be stunned if Murray has spoken with anyone about their job or applied for anything. His message to any suitors would likely be, wait till after the playoffs.

This puts him well above Ray McKinnon then

50 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I see Petrie on the odds list all the time, and constantly hear that his “day job” will keep him at Montrose. It just makes me wonder, is it that he wants to keep managing part time only because that other job pays too well, or that no full time job would be lucrative enough to quit his other work? If it’s the part time portion, if Arbroath were to need a manager, since it’s only a hop down the road…

In Scotland you can work part-time and not rely on tips to supplement your income. That and not having to pay for basic health care means that it's not all about salary. Petrie is in a secure position. 

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

In Scotland you can work part-time and not rely on tips to supplement your income. That and not having to pay for basic health care means that it's not all about salary. Petrie is in a secure position. 

So he simply has a position that he likes, and would keep him outwith football, in Montrose? Doesn’t answer on if he’d consider a job at another PT team near there, but clarifies why he won’t go FT.

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So he simply has a position that he likes, and would keep him outwith football, in Montrose? Doesn’t answer on if he’d consider a job at another PT team near there, but clarifies why he won’t go FT.

He's already said before that he would consider going full time if the right offer comes along.  He just seems to be quite happy where he is just now.

Petrie combines football with a career in financial services with the Bank of Scotland.

However, he could have his arm twisted to have a crack at the perilous world of full-time management if the right offer came along.

“I am ambitious and I want to work with as big a club as possible,” said Petrie

“It is not something I go on about, and I take the approach that if something comes up that is right for me then it will come up.”

“If it was too good to turn down, I would go for it. But I still have work to do at Montrose. I want to take them as far as I can.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-sunday-post-dundee/20200301/283807150730907

1 hour ago, SanStarko said:

He's already said before that he would consider going full time if the right offer comes along.  He just seems to be quite happy where he is just now.

Petrie combines football with a career in financial services with the Bank of Scotland.

However, he could have his arm twisted to have a crack at the perilous world of full-time management if the right offer came along.

“I am ambitious and I want to work with as big a club as possible,” said Petrie

“It is not something I go on about, and I take the approach that if something comes up that is right for me then it will come up.”

“If it was too good to turn down, I would go for it. But I still have work to do at Montrose. I want to take them as far as I can.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-sunday-post-dundee/20200301/283807150730907

Excellent, never found that one.

10 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We signed Nisbet whilst we were in the Championship, not whilst in League One. 

I get that but Nisbet chose Dunfermline’s offer over Dundee’s offer. Maybe suggests the Dundee budget wasn’t that much more than Dunfermline’s. 

16 minutes ago, deeky said:

Scottish Daily Mail reporting this morning that Scott Brown is the new Fleetwood Town manager, to be announced next week

With that I wonder if Barry Nicholson will then in turn start looking for a managerial role?