Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Do we have any concerns about the Pars job possibly opening while we are seeking a new manager? Not sure it’s actually a more attractive position, but the budget might be higher.

It's a worry of mine definitely. If McGlynn found Falkirk a better option then it's not a stretch to imagine that something else might think the same of Dunfermline. 

The plus is that taking the Pars job is also a big risk because promotion from league 1 is far from a guarantee next season. 

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Do we have any concerns about the Pars job possibly opening while we are seeking a new manager? Not sure it’s actually a more attractive position, but the budget might be higher.

Some managers will find the Pars job more appealing, some will find the Rovers one more appealing. 

These things are rarely cut and dried, I'd imagine there'll be allot of crossover with regards to applicants. 

Hopefully you jump on the McPake sized grenade. 

8 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye, I mentioned it. The most important thing is we take the time and don't rush in to any decision. Most players will be away on their summer break at the moment. We can wait until the end of the week, see who has sent in their CV, and work from there. My fear is that the talk from the board of what they want is nowhere near the reality. We won't be helped by losing derbies next season, but even then if the club are going to come out and claim "we're in a better situation sponsorship wise" then surely that translates on to the pitch. It's time for the boardroom to decide whether they want for us to progress on the pitch or whether they're more interested in being the best stadium managers in Scotland. 

Can’t we do both? It’s Rovers. Maybe we’ll hum and haw for too long. Then make the wrong decision. Giving this wrong man for the job too little time to even try and assemble a decent team. 

If the man manages to keep us up and gets us 7th or 8th place in the league, folk will be lapping it up, relieved that this new guy hasn’t relegated us.

Me, I’ve got used to the finer air of challenging for the play-offs at the right end of the table. I don’t want to settle for relegation battles, but I realise they probably aren’t far away.

Can’t we do both? It’s Rovers. Maybe we’ll hum and haw for too long. Then make the wrong decision. Giving this wrong man for the job too little time to even try and assemble a decent team. 
If the man manages to keep us up and gets us 7th or 8th place in the league, folk will be lapping it up, relieved that this new guy hasn’t relegated us.
Me, I’ve got used to the finer air of challenging for the play-offs at the right end of the table. I don’t want to settle for relegation battles, but I realise they probably aren’t far away.

Personally, I don't any of our fans should be settling for 7th or 8th place. We were unlucky not to make the playoffs this season and there's no reason we can't kick on given our squad. It all comes down to whether the board decide to cut back. They'll never grow the fan base if they decide to hold back on the footballing side.

I don’t know why but I am warming to the idea of Scott brown, don’t get me wrong he is a fanny but he will be our fanny , just hoping I don’t see a tweet from Matt elder again saying he expects Gary Locke to be named Raith Rovers boss🤦🏻‍♂️and the surge of fear that gripped me, still think mcpake is a similar type of character and will probably interview well 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Personally, I don't any of our fans should be settling for 7th or 8th place. We were unlucky not to make the playoffs this season and there's no reason we can't kick on given our squad.

How on earth were you 'unlucky' not to finish in the play-offs? You put yourselves in the box seats to do so by the start of December, and then collapsed like a flimsy deckchair. Being crap for six months is not a question of luck.

Spoiler

It all comes down to whether the board decide to cut back. They'll never grow the fan base if they decide to hold back on the footballing side.

Hold back what exactly? The reality is that Raith, like any other club, are restrained by things called 'resources' and 'costs'. Not least given that you've alienated a score of sponsors and have already sold the farm to a temperamental clown who wanted to lock the gates just a few months ago. 

Between nonsense claims to 'bad luck' and equally groundless appeals to 'ambishun', there's only one suitable candidate for the role now.

Spoiler

94ffca0fe78a2872a924470ef8ae3ee9.thumb.jpg.99ff2d7e7ec4edbb696f8fcd164d828c.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

Yeah, there seems to be a thing with fans in this league who think the board are somehow able to pull extra money out their arse.  Do folk not think their manager has the best budget available to them every season?

We were unlucky in the sense that a freak leg break saw us lose Brad Spencer (who has been a key part of our success) for three and a half months. Obviously, every team will get injuries like this throughout a season to different levels but Rovers fan will tell you there was a marked difference in our performances before and after that point. Despite being thoroughly rotten during the time he was out, we still only finished two points behind Partick.

Re cutting back, I'm not expecting us to go full Dundee and charge off into a relentless spiral of administrations. But given the position we're in, if we're looking for a new manager we shouldn't be settling for cheap or free appointments like Maurice Ross or James McPake when better options might be available if we're patient.

The club themselves have said we're in a better sponsorship position than pre-Goodwillie albeit obviously we can all take what they say with a pinch of salt.

15 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Does also mention czaba lazlo has applied 🤦🏻‍♂️

FS, if he gets appointed then trouble lies ahead he done pish with Dundee United and his last few months at Hearts wasn’t great and he was sacked then as well 

13 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

FS, if he gets appointed then trouble lies ahead he done pish with Dundee United and his last few months at Hearts wasn’t great and he was sacked then as well 

Lots of managers will have applied, I think Stevie Crawford will as well tbh bit surprised he hasn’t been mentioned , hopefully get some news this week and czaba’s application is shredded 

Edited by Been going too long

7 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
2 hours ago, Been going too long said:
Lots of managers will have applied, I think Stevie Crawford will as well tbh bit surprised he hasn’t been mentioned , hopefully get some news this week and czaba’s application is shredded 

Crawford is another one who should be nowhere near being mentioned.

I bet they wish they kept him along the road  😂😂

Edited by Been going too long

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Crawford is another one who should be nowhere near being mentioned.

Why? I don’t know if he’s a good or bad manager. Obviously he didn’t set the heather on fire at the Pars, but he still got them to the play-offs. Relative to Grant and Hughes he was a superstar. 

The likes of him or Cameron coming back, maybe with this mythical older manager as their assistant isn’t a crazy appointment. As others have said, pretty much any appointment we make will be a gamble. 

As a fan, I await with interest to see which successful candidate is foisted upon me.