Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hopefully McGlynn takes his fitness staff with him to Falkirk. 
Totally agree. I really don't buy the "unlucky with injuries" crap too. You don't have bad luck with injuries for 3-4 years. Added to this season we looked dead on our feet after 80 mins. Very glad never to see that ridiculous pre 2nd half warm up ritual ever again.

4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Been training with us - not sure if he was officially coaching. Can’t see how we can afford to sack Yogi anyway!

Youve made a tidy profit for the past year haven't you? 

From what I understand he's been training/ coaching with you to help with his badges. 

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Seems to have stepped up to replace Davo in the madness moments 😂. Personally I’d move Bene on next season and I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to Falkirk with JMcG.  He’s been a good player for us but I think we need to make changes at the back. Lang being fit will be a major boost if he comes through although our ACL record isn’t great. 

I’d agree, but I’m a wee bit concerned about depth at CB right now. Bene could work next year for depth, not as a starter…but I doubt he’d relish that role. I expect he will move to Falkirk, where he’ll probably do decently…maybe even with Dave McKay too.

1 minute ago, Ding Dang Doo said:
5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
Hopefully McGlynn takes his fitness staff with him to Falkirk. 

Very glad never to see that ridiculous pre 2nd half warm up ritual ever again.

I was thinking of the same thing when I posted. I must have missed all the fast starts we made to each half as a result of those routines. 

Just now, grumswall said:

Youve made a tidy profit for the past year haven't you? 

From what I understand he's been training/ coaching with you to help with his badges. 

Just a bit nervous to see what state we are in as we were sub-1500 season tickets and the Germans had to put money in so we could pay off Grant and allow Yogi to burn a pile on more dross players. That money can be called back as an interest free loan or more likely, taken up as shares if they decide to take over properly and get hands on. 

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

I’d agree, but I’m a wee bit concerned about depth at CB right now. Bene could work next year for depth, not as a starter…but I doubt he’d relish that role. I expect he will move to Falkirk, where he’ll probably do decently…maybe even with Dave McKay too.

I’d agree with you but I don’t see Bene being happy not starting, in that scenario you’d have to take his captaincy away and that would just be a kick in the balls for him. If he’s staying he’ll want to be starting if not he’ll want away. 

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Just a bit nervous to see what state we are in as we were sub-1500 season tickets and the Germans had to put money in so we could pay off Grant and allow Yogi to burn a pile on more dross players. That money can be called back as an interest free loan or more likely, taken up as shares if they decide to take over properly and get hands on. 

Is that genuine sub 1500 season tickets? Saw a Pars fan mention it earlier. Thought you guys had a lot more than that. Your average attendance says over 4000

Edited by San Starko Rover

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I do wonder what part the Germans are playing long term but I thought you had more season tickets than that this season? Any idea how much the likes of chalmers cost? 

10 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’d agree with you but I don’t see Bene being happy not starting, in that scenario you’d have to take his captaincy away and that would just be a kick in the balls for him. If he’s staying he’ll want to be starting if not he’ll want away. 

Exactly my point. Does ask the question of next years Captain…MacDonald or Berra?

Just now, TxRover said:

Exactly my point. Does ask the question of next years Captain…MacDonald or Berra?

Depends who we bring in but I’m not a fan of GK as Captain. A good keeper does most of that anyway, I prefer a captain in defence or midfield myself. Berra is probably most likely if he’s still here. 

14 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Is that genuine sub 1500 season tickets? Saw a Pars fan mention it earlier. Thought you guys had a lot more than that. Your average attendance says over 4000

Seville calculator

They gave the crowd today as 4500 ish when it was 3170

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Matthews... 

Not convinced, but wouldn’t riot and scream.

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Depends who we bring in but I’m not a fan of GK as Captain. A good keeper does most of that anyway, I prefer a captain in defence or midfield myself. Berra is probably most likely if he’s still here. 

Fair point, but in that case Matthews is perhaps the better shout…

In reflecting on the option, it does reinforce the relatively youthful nature of our squad. Does that change any of the thoughts on next coach/manager, since a choice like McKinnon is less likely to nurture or develop our youngest players.

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:

I do wonder what part the Germans are playing long term but I thought you had more season tickets than that this season? Any idea how much the likes of chalmers cost? 

If I could arsed (I can’t!) I’d look back to see what they are paying for the shares and probably be able to work it out. It just looked like burning money giving it to Hughes.

12 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Matthews... 

wouldn’t be against giving it to someone like Mathews, still young (relatively) but got plenty of experience.  I think he’d only take it if he gets a song first. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

wouldn’t be against giving it to someone like Mathews, still young (relatively) but got plenty of experience.  I think he’d only take it if he gets a song first. 

Him and Bene were murder at the Karaoke.

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

wouldn’t be against giving it to someone like Mathews, still young (relatively) but got plenty of experience.  I think he’d on,y take it if he gets a song first. 

Time to start playing with lyrics, eh? Matthews, Matthews, oh ho, he’s gonna score…

34 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I'm a more concerned at this stage that we are managerless and our former manager is now at Falkirk knowing full well who is out of contract at Raith and what their current wages are.