Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In the papers this morning Brown has said he is hanging up his boots now to concentrate on coaching/managing, for me that should rule him out now as part of his appeal to having very little coaching/management experience was he could still do a job on the pitch when needed like sir Jimmy 

Am I imagining things or did McKinnon not start talking about how great it was that Benedictus was a natural left footer when he signed?

Seems a nice enough guy but if I understood that correctly and it wasn't just him misspeaking, that should really horrify a board.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Am I imagining things or did McKinnon not start talking about how great it was that Benedictus was a natural left footer when he signed?

Seems a nice enough guy but if I understood that correctly and it wasn't just him misspeaking, that should really horrify a board.

Bene is as good with his left foot as he is his right. That being, not very. 

8 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Harsh, he can foul with either. 

Id love for the bene we had during the mckinnon season in fairness. He looked like someone who could be playing in the top league. He shows it in flashes but he's not consistent enough since the leg break. 

11 hours ago, Been going too long said:

In the papers this morning Brown has said he is hanging up his boots now to concentrate on coaching/managing, for me that should rule him out now as part of his appeal to having very little coaching/management experience was he could still do a job on the pitch when needed like sir Jimmy 

But gutted to read that ealier. Thought he’d be an ideal player-coach for Pars in League One. 

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

But gutted to read that ealier. Thought he’d be an ideal player-coach for Pars in League One. 

Was he not at one of your games recently? I’d have put him as more likely to go to Pars than Raith. As you say less appealing if he’s not playing still. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Was he not at one of your games recently? I’d have put him as more likely to go to Pars than Raith. As you say less appealing if he’s not playing still. 

He's been helping to coach them apparently... 

56 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Id love for the bene we had during the mckinnon season in fairness. He looked like someone who could be playing in the top league. He shows it in flashes but he's not consistent enough since the leg break. 

Aye, consistency in a centre back is key. When he's in the mood, Benedictus can breeze through a game acting like he shits ice cream. Just the other games where he gets caught under simple balls, passes it straight to the other teams forward or makes a rank fucking stupid lunge into someone that let's him down.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Aye, consistency in a centre back is key. When he's in the mood, Benedictus can breeze through a game acting like he shits ice cream. Just the other games where he gets caught under simple balls, passes it straight to the other teams forward or makes a rank fucking stupid lunge into someone that let's him down.

Seems to have stepped up to replace Davo in the madness moments 😂. Personally I’d move Bene on next season and I wouldn’t be surprised if he goes to Falkirk with JMcG.  He’s been a good player for us but I think we need to make changes at the back. Lang being fit will be a major boost if he comes through although our ACL record isn’t great. 

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Been training with us - not sure if he was officially coaching. Can’t see how we can afford to sack Yogi anyway!

Can you afford not to? It's going to be a brutal division down and you'll need a decent manager to get out of it.