Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He's just had a heart attack the mad b*****d. 

This is a proper on the fence for me. He did well last time out by getting is to the play offs, his team played football and he had the ability to see where changes were needed. 

However the way he left was shite in all honesty, Bill Clark holding crisis talks with him in the Easter Road boardroom literally minutes/hours before we played the biggest game in years. 

His subsequent record is patchy at best although the sacking from Queens Park was bizarre. 

32 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

We could rename the Portacabin "the Ophidarium" or "The Serpentarium".

Or mibbies just  "The Snake-pit"  🤔 

55 minutes ago, pub car king said:

This is a proper on the fence for me. He did well last time out by getting is to the play offs, his team played football and he had the ability to see where changes were needed. 

However the way he left was shite in all honesty, Bill Clark holding crisis talks with him in the Easter Road boardroom literally minutes/hours before we played the biggest game in years. 

His subsequent record is patchy at best although the sacking from Queens Park was bizarre. 

Think he chose to walk away from queens for some reason 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

That’s my thoughts on it. Get well soon. Maybe next time.

That end to the season under Ray was really enjoyable. Great football to watch. Then, just when we’ve made the play-offs and won the home play-off game against Hibs, the news breaks that he’s off to United. Gutting. Then we lose to Hibs at Easter Road. 

"Snakey Ray" might just have blown this wide open in fairness. He's experienced, knows the division was on the way up last time. Got the big move it went tits up, another couple of moves and back to the beginning. 

Not entirely different to McGlynn who got the move to Hearts that went bang, went to Livi that fell apart and ultimately came back to us. Although that's probably where the similarities end.

He knows at least Mackie, Ross, Vaughan, Connolly and Benedictus from his time before. 

I'm not saying he's my pick but there is a lot going for him. Even if we were cynically employing him to steady the ship for a season to buy us some time.