Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Jimmy Nicholl didn't have any work experience when he came to us but he worked out pretty well. 

Admittedly he had Harvey alongside him.

And Connors team

17 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Yup, both Thomson and Alexander were both Cheque Book managers. As in the money alone would’ve won any league. We’re the exact opposite, that requires a different kind of thinking. I don’t think Thomson, Alexander, McPake have that level of thinking with a team that haven’t got that cash to fix a problem. 

Still got to win in. Rangers has a massive budget in the championship but hearts won it. And Rangers lost the play off to a Motherwell team who had a much inferior budget  than Rangers. 

Rangers did win it the next season but Hibs whose budget dwarfed Falkirk’s who beat them in the playoff semi final. Falkirk went on to lose heavily to Kilmarnock in the play off final. 

I think your being unfair to kevin Thomson and James McPake. Thomson done the job. McPake done his job and got promotion despite Kilmarnock having a bigger budget than Dundee. Lafferty on 6k per week! 

Thomson has it wrapped up early, McPake found form when it really mattered. I’d like to see both as end management team. 

16 minutes ago, GazH6 said:

Thomson has it wrapped up early, McPake found form when it really mattered. I’d like to see both as end management team. 

It’s amazing what a massive cash injection can do. Dundee splashed out on Charlie Adam and turned their fortunes around. Kelty spent big. He also had really experienced heads in the team to navigate them to success. If Thomson comes out on top in the managerial race he’d have to bring Cardle as number two. I’ve heard he’s a good coach too. Plus the latter knows the club as well. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

2 hours ago, pub car king said:

There's an article think it's on the other thread about Scott Brown wanting Whittaker as his assistant. For me a first time manager needs to have an experienced assistant. By all means have Whittaker on your staff but management is a minefield and there will be all kinds of stuff you won't even have considered. Especially on a tight budget with an interesting boardroom to put it mildly. 

I think the issue we have is that just about anyone who would assist someone like Brown and is experienced enough would either want the Manager role for themselves or is out of our reach. 

Edited by Michael W

26 minutes ago, GazH6 said:

Still got to win in. Rangers has a massive budget in the championship but hearts won it. And Rangers lost the play off to a Motherwell team who had a much inferior budget  than Rangers. 

Rangers did win it the next season but Hibs whose budget dwarfed Falkirk’s who beat them in the playoff semi final. Falkirk went on to lose heavily to Kilmarnock in the play off final. 

I think your being unfair to kevin Thomson and James McPake. Thomson done the job. McPake done his job and got promotion despite Kilmarnock having a bigger budget than Dundee. Lafferty on 6k per week! 

Lafferty wasn’t even close to £3k a week but nice story anyway.

45 minutes ago, GazH6 said:

Thomson has it wrapped up early, Charlie Adam found form when it really mattered. 

FTFY. 

Also fair to say that McPake never really splashed the cash. Charlies wages are paid by an outside source.

14 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Yes.
I understand the hypocrisy in that, but following the terrible decisions made in January (in which McGlynn played a part) we definitely should be making sure that we don’t hire a manager whose role-model credentials could be brought into question.

Nah,dont get it.You wouldn,t want SB because of his persona yet would have happily kept JMc

Off the pitch SB is nothing like he was on the pitch and is generally a decent guy.Doesn,t mean to say he,d make a decent manager though

Having said that I,d rather give him an opportunity than some of the  others been banded about

29 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Nah,dont get it.You wouldn,t want SB because of his persona yet would have happily kept JMc

Off the pitch SB is nothing like he was on the pitch and is generally a decent guy.Doesn,t mean to say he,d make a decent manager though

Having said that I,d rather give him an opportunity than some of the  others been banded about

I would really struggle to get behind brown, made a career of being a grade A c**t in the same mould as his former manager Lennon. Certain people I can’t stand over the years like John Brown, Ian Ferguson and brown is up there with them. Hardly any coaching experience let alone managing a team/ budget etc, not to mention the media love in 🤢 really hope it doesn’t happen 

He could be a decent guy, I’ve never met him.
My opinion of him is based on someone who’s played against him several times saying that he is indeed a twat, and someone who has had contact with him in matters not related to football saying the same thing.
Those accounts back up the public persona.

I hope he doesn’t get the gig but if he does I’ll give him a chance to prove he’s not a twat.

1 hour ago, GazH6 said:

Your very wrong mate. Massive incentives as well 

You know this how?

Kyle Lafferty was not on £6k a week, certainly was incentives but not massive. The manner in which he left after last season made it a wee bit easier to negotiate. He’s wanting to stay but he’s going to be part of a wage structure.

Whoever gets it is going to have a few warts on them, whether it be lack of experience or lack of continual success. There is nobody obvious on the way up who could use us as their next step, closest is Thomson and he is damned because he had success but with a superior budget. Whoever it is, there will be a faction of the fan base that says ‘aye but’

10 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Whoever gets it is going to have a few warts on them, whether it be lack of experience or lack of continual success. There is nobody obvious on the way up who could use us as their next step, closest is Thomson and he is damned because he had success but with a superior budget. Whoever it is, there will be a faction of the fan base that says ‘aye but’

I agree but please not Scott brown or Tommy Wright a pair of c***s 

1 hour ago, Killiefan said:

You know this how?

Kyle Lafferty was not on £6k a week, certainly was incentives but not massive. The manner in which he left after last season made it a wee bit easier to negotiate. He’s wanting to stay but he’s going to be part of a wage structure.

Calm down Billy. If you’d have beat Dundee or stayed up before the play offs then KL wages would have accumulated to 6kpw (money well spent) over his time at the club through salary, signing on fee, staying up bonus, goal no use and  appearance bonus. He came in February with the club in a bad position so 6k per week for 4 month works out at roughly 2k pw. I won’t tell you how I know but he was on the 6k for 4 months.  

Ray McKinnon has revealed he would be open to a sensational Raith Rovers return.

“Rovers was one of my fondest times in football and, if the opportunity to speak to them came up, then I would certainly be open to that,” McKinnon told Courier Sport.