Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, Threeattheback said:

Stuart Baxter must be due a job in Scotland now.

Considering how he got himself sacked from his last job, that is the single most ridiculous appointment Raith could make in the circumstances.

Sim is probably right up for it.

42 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Considering how he got himself sacked from his last job, that is the single most ridiculous appointment Raith could make in the circumstances.

Sim is probably right up for it.

On 19 June 2020, Baxter was announced as the head coach of Indian Super League club Odisha FC, on a two-year contract.[42] However, he was sacked in February 2021 after complaining during a post-match interview about the refereeing in a defeat, saying that his players "would have to rape someone or get raped himself if he was going to get a penalty.”[43]

It's almost the perfect set up for an unethical experiment, isn't it? 

Edited by Michael W

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

On 19 June 2020, Baxter was announced as the head coach of Indian Super League club Odisha FC, on a two-year contract.[42] However, he was sacked in February 2021 after complaining during a post-match interview about the refereeing in a defeat, saying that his players "would have to rape someone or get raped himself if he was going to get a penalty.”[43]

It's almost the perfect set up for an unethical experiment, isn't it? 

It's hard to look past him for the job after reading that. 

8 hours ago, stevoraith said:

If we’re serious about building bridges with the community and being a family club, Scott Brown should be nowhere near our club.

Whether the hard-man/ bully persona is genuine or a facade (I’ve heard from a couple of sources that he is indeed a bell end, others on here have said he’s actually a decent guy so who knows) someone who happily projected that image throughout his 20 year career is not who I want as the figure-head of my club.

But you,d have been happy if McGlynn had stayed?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

On 04/05/2022 at 11:54, Michael W said:

I can see a disaster unfolding. 

Danny Lennon's Torture Island will resonate with the 'yer da' types, i.e. John Sim, so he might come across well in interview for that reason. He'd probably play Goodwillie, sparking anger and John Sim ends up shutting the club down in a flounce. Goodnight, sweet Prince xx. 

Or, James McPake gets an interview and looks/sounds the part. He is not a good manager, but I fear we're looking at a Gary Locke situation here where he would interview very well. We end up being relegated. 

Meanwhile applications are to.be sent to our Chief Executive, whose husband is about to be employed at Falkirk. 

Now changed to sent to the Chairman rather than CEO. I don't suppose there's any great significance to this but you never know.

Maybe following her hubby out the door and I wouldn't shed a tear. In the same esteem as fat Eric. Effing usless and what about her Jambos connection with regards to the tv coverage. A nasty rumour if there is any truth in it but who knows eh.

2 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Maybe following her hubby out the door and I wouldn't shed a tear. In the same esteem as fat Eric. Effing usless and what about her Jambos connection with regards to the tv coverage. A nasty rumour if there is any truth in it but who knows eh.

What's this about the TV?

9 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

Care to elaborate?

9 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The McIntyre moron not getting a mention for any more jobs?

Jim McIntyre lost his final game in charge against Hibs at the weekend. Picture: SNS

Looks like we killed your management career, you dayglo fud.

Thank you.

I'd happily take him over quite a few managers when we yeet Hughes.