Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will it be?  

263 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Steven Pressley has been contacted by Raith from what I've heard. Not to say he's a certainty but very much in the mix if he fancies it.

He's got a pretty cushty job with Brentford. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I must say it would be mildly amusing if you unveiled McGlynn and Smith as your new management team today...

... and pigs might even fly ... 😏

I can see a disaster unfolding. 

Danny Lennon's Torture Island will resonate with the 'yer da' types, i.e. John Sim, so he might come across well in interview for that reason. He'd probably play Goodwillie, sparking anger and John Sim ends up shutting the club down in a flounce. Goodnight, sweet Prince xx. 

Or, James McPake gets an interview and looks/sounds the part. He is not a good manager, but I fear we're looking at a Gary Locke situation here where he would interview very well. We end up being relegated. 

Meanwhile applications are to.be sent to our Chief Executive, whose husband is about to be employed at Falkirk. 

Edited by Michael W

If Levein doesn't fancy the job, he should at least be asked to come in and consult for the recruitment process. Right now, I think the most senior "football person" at the club is probably Robbie Thomson, the goalie coach. 

Without some sort of outside help, this decision is going to be made by a couple of accountants and a lighting salesman. 

13 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

If Levein doesn't fancy the job, he should at least be asked to come in and consult for the recruitment process. Right now, I think the most senior "football person" at the club is probably Robbie Thomson, the goalie coach. 

Without some sort of outside help, this decision is going to be made by a couple of accountants and a lighting salesman. 

Or by Paul smith over some pillow talk 🤦🏻‍♂️🤢

28 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Good idea in principle but the danger of asking a “football person” with no actual connection to the club (I think Levein played up his fandom for Raith Rovers a bit. I think he had an uncle who took him to the odd game as a kid. I chatted to his brother (who did play for the Rovers) once who said Craig supported another club as a boy) is you maybe get one of their cronies who needs a gig rather than who is necessarily the best candidate. That worked out well last time, sure, but how many times do we hear of “football persons” going on about coaches being “well regarded” and “respected” yet we wouldn’t touch with a 10 foot barge pole? He was responsible for Cathro at Hearts when he did have skin in the game. Yes, he’s evidently more qualified than our board to make the decision but we need somebody acting in good faith and who can be held accountable if it does go tits up. Basically if we’re thinking of asking Craig Levein for advise we’re as well asking Gordon Strachan or Alex McLeish.

Edited by Enigma