4th placed Scottish teams who were promoted

Scary Bear

Has any club who finished in 4th place in the Scottish Championship, Scottish League One or Scottish League Two* been promoted via the play-offs?

*or from the previous names of these leagues.

Edited by Scary Bear

45 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Has any club who finished in 4th place in the Scottish Championship, Scottish League One or Scottish League Two* been promoted via the play-offs?

*or from the previous names of these leagues.

The Premiership playoffs have only ever been won by the team finishing 11th in the Premiership (4 times) or 2nd in the Championship (3 times).

Edited by RiG

14 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

*koff* Brechin *koff*

That was the first one than sprang to mind, but I couldn't be bothered checking, tbh, and if I was wrong I'd soon be corrected...

Edited by Jacksgranda

Yeah, Brechin finished fourth and beat us on penalties in the play-offs, only a few weeks after we'd beaten them 6-0. Definitely not still bitter about that. I'd imagine the OP still wonders how they managed to relegate his team.

I was just thinking today about whether promotion to the Championship has become a bit of a curse for part-timers. Obviously there's Brechin, and Cowden collapsed spectacularly after a spell in the second tier - is this their third bottom-drawer relegation play-off? And now Dumbarton have gradually settled back down to the bottom, although surely they won't be in danger of the drop next season.

We're still OK for now though, and Arbroath appear to have gone to the other extreme  :lol: