Ground furtherest from public transport

GNU_Linux

The grounds furthest from a railway station is somewhat documented but I'm curious which ground is furthest from public transport in general.

My guess is Alliance Park the home of Lowland League Caledonian Braves that lies within Strathclyde Country Park. Going by google maps the ground is a mile or 20 minute walk from the nearest bus stop on Orchard Avenue.

Edited by GNU_Linux

• GNU_Linux changed the title to Ground furtherest from public transport

Formartine United's New Lodge Park is a fair trek from public transport. It's kinda a bit out of the village of Pitmedden - which itself isn't particularly big.

Google tells me it's a 9 minute walk from the nearest bus stop, however the stop is only served every 90 minutes or so on a weekday.

On 04/05/2022 at 01:30, Ray Patterson said:

Formartine United's New Lodge Park is a fair trek from public transport. It's kinda a bit out of the village of Pitmedden - which itself isn't particularly big.

Google tells me it's a 9 minute walk from the nearest bus stop, however the stop is only served every 90 minutes or so on a weekday.

It's not that bad, Pitmedden is served by Aberdeen and Ellon buses so there's a couple every hour or so. The ground is less than ten minutes walk from the village centre, there is a path although it can be pretty muddy.

Edited by Cyclizine

3 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

It's not that bad, Pitmedden is served by Aberdeen and Ellon buses so there's a couple every hour or so. The ground is less than ten minutes walk from the village centre, there is a path although it can be pretty muddy.

Aye, it's pretty easy, train to Inverurie and bus from there. Only ever driven to Turriff but I'd imagine it takes longer, from Inverness anyway. Caley Thistle's ground is 1 1/2 miles from the bus and train station.

Edited by welshbairn