Boris Interview on GMB

Well that didn't go well...who'd have thought that? Boris looked completely lost (again!) and from the parts that i caught it did seem that Susanna Reid was doing her best to keep things on topic but he just couldn't answer anything put to him. 

The 'who's Lorraine' comment at the end is likely to cause some embarrassment, I actually thought he looked like he didn't even know it was a live interview!

Johnson argues that, if benefits were to rise by more, there would be an inflationary risk. That would lead to interest rates rising, he says. There would then be a risk of an “inflationary spiral”, he says.

So, there it is, Johnson thinks it's all the fault of the poor and vulnerable people.

26 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Johnson has, from the clips  I've just watched, been absolutely ragdolled by Susannah Reid. Susannah fucking Reid.

No wonder they don't let the fúcker out in the wild when there's cameras about.

If the Tories thought that sending him out a few days before the local elections would have helped then they need to look at the folks making those decisions. I've seen more of the interview now and as you say he's been left looking a shambles, tried (and failed) to continually take it back to Ukraine and issues they think will help. It really seemed to come over that he had no understanding of any issues that were going on - his insane response to being told that a 77 year old woman was having to use buses all day to keep warm was that he had ensured she had a free bus pass to use having brought that in as Mayor of London! 

17 hours ago, HTG said:

Johnson is a shallow self publicist - posher than Trump but same play book. Not a fucking clue.

"As was pointed out at the time by one of Mr Johnson’s transport advisers at City Hall, Andrew Gilligan, free travel for pensioners was introduced by the Greater London Council in 1973.

When the GLC was dissolved in the mid-1980s, the pass was then funded by the 33 London boroughs, and it was not until the 1990s that it was branded the Freedom Pass.

In 2010, it was decided that the age of eligibility of the Freedom Pass would rise on an escalator in line with the retirement age of women, rather than at the age of 60.

In 2012, when  Johnson was London mayor, he introduced a bridging pass that allowed someone who turned 60 to gain the free travel privileges as a pensioner up until they receive a Freedom Pass.

It is this that he is claiming to have introduced in his ITV interview.

Under the terms of the travel card, pass holders were entitled to travel on all Transport for London services at any time, including peak hours.

But in June 2020, Mr Johnson’s government brought an end to the 24-hr Freedom Pass as a result of the pandemic. As one of the conditions for giving TfL a bailout due to plunging passenger numbers during the Covid outbreak, the Government insisted that Freedom Passes were only eligible after 9.30am." (i News, May 3 2022)

So, basically,

1. The fat lying cúnt did not introduce free travel, or even re-brand it as the "Freedom Pass"

2. No fiddling around the edges of terms and cons made any difference to this particular lady's eligibility.

3. At the first opportunity, his Goernemnt rescinded this facility - because pensioners could just drive to the supermarket, right?

This should be front-page in all papers, and on every news bulletin on radio and TV. As his easily-provable lies about the twenty-plus thousand lives thrown under the bus in the care-home scandal have largely escaped scrutiny, I won't hold my breath.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Let him be thrown under the bus - British Electorette

I would love to see it, but imo if there was a GE tomorrow, the UK (ok, England, but thats because we get what they vote for) would probably re-elect a Tory govt.

Partly because Labour seem incapable of dealing with the open goals this shower of shite leave them, and partly because plenty of English voters actually believe they are doing a good job.

Kinda beggars belief, but there you are.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I would love to see it, but imo if there was a GE tomorrow, the UK (ok, England, but thats because we get what they vote for) would probably re-elect a Tory govt.

Partly because Labour seem incapable of dealing with the open goals this shower of shite leave them, and partly because plenty of English voters actually believe they are doing a good job.

Kinda beggars belief, but there you are.

I used to think Keir Starmer was an undercover Tory, then I thought “that’s just stupid”.  Now I’m not so sure; can he really be so inept?

One think is certain, if the Tories win the next GE “Who was Keir Starmer?” will become an obscure question in future pub quizzes.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I used to think Keir Starmer was an undercover Tory, then I thought “that’s just stupid”.  Now I’m not so sure; can he really be so inept?

One think is certain, if the Tories win the next GE “Who was Keir Starmer?” will become an obscure question in future pub quizzes.

Kier Starmer is such a try hard. He doesn't seem to have any spontaneity and everything he says has been put in front of a focus group and fed into a computer for him to then spout the most beige opinion available. He should be at least 20% points clear in England yet he can't get any traction as his appeasing the red wall bigots and gammons (who'll probably still vote for bozo even when they can't heat or eat because he'd be a good laugh down the local spoons) alienates so many left voters. His total lack of knowledge on Scotland will see them taking their usual humping up here and I think PC will start to do what the SNP have done up here.