Tribute Bands

scottsdad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
17 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Tickets for the Australian Pink Floyd Show booked - November 2023

I was there last Friday night and they were superb again.   I'll be going along again next November.

Sadly there were 3 pissheads in front of me who won't remember a thing about it.  I don't get why you spend money on something you won't remember the next day. 

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

I was there last Friday night and they were superb again.   I'll be going along again next November.

Sadly there were 3 pissheads in front of me who won't remember a thing about it.  I don't get why you spend money on something you won't remember the next day. 

I last saw them in the 90s. Saw them twice, once at the McRobert in Stirling, and once at Falkirk Town Hall. Now they are playing much bigger venues!

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I last saw them in the 90s. Saw them twice, once at the McRobert in Stirling, and once at Falkirk Town Hall. Now they are playing much bigger venues!

That must be about 8th or 9th time I've seen them.  Britfloyd are also very good but they don't play Scotland too often from what I've seen.

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

To each their own but £36 for a tribute act is ridiculous. 

I get that. But my options are limited. I cannot see the original band. I don't want to give Roger Waters a penny. That leaves these guys.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

To each their own but £36 for a tribute act is ridiculous. 

I saw them at the Usher Hall before covid

They're expensive but the price makes some kind of sense with the scale of their production values with the lights, the lasers, the projections, inflatables and all that 

8 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

That gets on my fucking tits at gigs. If you want to get pissed, go to a fucking pub and not a concert.

On 05/06/2022 at 22:02, Iminavest said:

Was having a look at what was coming up locally and came across this... interesting offering

Screenshot_20220603-225053_Samsung Internet.jpg

I saw them in Dundee last week. They were excellent. 

The show was actually in two parts. The two female members of the band took centre stage and performed a few Hole songs before the Elvis guy pitched up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've just booked a ticket for The Bootleg Beatles at Fatties in Dundee in September. There's another tribute band called The Upbeat Beatles playing the Gardyne Theatre on the same night. 

Australian Pink Floyd are at the Caird Hall later in the year. I'm undecided. I'm not really a Floyd fan but the show is pretty spectacular by all accounts. Reluctant to pay 36 quid for it though.