Ross County vs Motherwell - Sat 7th May

I think I can day on behalf of most Motherwell fans, can we get this game out of the way as quickly as possible?

A draw is the worst outcome for a few reasons:

1. A win means we can actually try to get European football.
  2. A loss means we might finally get some pressure on Alexander to quit, as that would be 1 win in 16.
  3. A draw just leaves the whole "we go again" BS that we have been facing over the past 3 months.

Anyway, Van Veen is back from suspension and hopefully woolery will start. Maybe this time Alexander won't do something stupid, such as putting Mugabi upfront.....

A win puts us in a good place for Europe.

A draw doesn't help.

Really need to go for it. We've lost a lot of the attacking threat we had earlier so will most likely rely on our now solid defence. 

1-0 to County, Spittal.

Given the final two rounds of fixtures a draw is perfectly fine for County. You wouldn't take it in advance - because we're shit - but if you're above us come Saturday night that's almost certainly how it'll be at the end of the season, even if there is a brief midweek flip.

That said, I have a sneaky feeling we'll get something from this one. Based on no logic or reason, obviously, but I reckon 1-1 at worst and maybe even a mugging by the odd goal.

Assuming no one back other than KVV I'd keep it the same at the back, MOH, Slattery and Cornelius in the middle, Tierney in support of KVV and Woolery drifting around.

I have train tickets

I have plans to go with and meet friends in Dingwall.

I also plan to wait to about 1330 before I buy a match ticket.

Options are to go and boo Alexander or stay in the pub.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I have train tickets

Don't spoil your day out, stay in the pub. 

You'll still have the opportunity for a solid 90mins of good old East Stand booing next Wed vs Hearts.

Swithering on this one - if the weather is good enough that I can work a pointy north west mountain into the weekend, then I'll go. 400 mile round trip for the fitba only is a hard sell at the moment....

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I have train tickets

If it helps make your decision the haggis pies are class up there. 

They are available in the butchers on the high street btw. I'm not suggesting for a minute you go to the game. 

A win puts us in a good place for Europe.
A draw doesn't help.
Really need to go for it. We've lost a lot of the attacking threat we had earlier so will most likely rely on our now solid defence. 

1-0 to County, Spittal.
A draw would mean you're getting 5th at least and therefore a European place as there's no way we're beating Hearts or Celtic.

Anything other than a win for us and the chance of Europe will be gone as there's no way we are taking points from Hearts or Celtic.

KVV will be back so we might look a bit more threatening but we'll obviously concede at least one of our usual defensively-shambolic goals. Can't believe how little I give a shit about this game considering where we are in the table and what is potentially riding on it but I guess that's what 1 win in 15 and 1 clean sheet in 18, coupled with virtually zero entertainment value, does for you.

2-1 County which mercifully means this season can finally be consigned to the bin.  

11 hours ago, ropy said:

I have committed to a ticket, the Wimpy better be good and/or what is the pie of choice?

Venison is a solid choice.

I have committed to a ticket, the Wimpy better be good and/or what is the pie of choice?

I’ll be honest, County’s pies aren’t what they once were. That being said, Haggis Pies are still a solid 8/10 in my eyes. There’s a new chicken pie that is meant to be half decent that I’ve no tasted yet.