Sevco v Dundee United Sunday 8 May

Siegrist's agent must be fuming. You're supposed to play really well as you get near the end of your contract.
Made a few really good saves but his distribution was pretty poor throughout. Not sure I'd be too harsh on him for the penalty, he had to go for it I thought and Sakala just beat him to the ball.

Pretty dull game, had I not been on the treadmill I wouldn't have kept watching. Felt like an end of season nothing encounter from start to finish.

Meekinson made an error for the second goal but I've seen him a few times and think he looks a decent prospect for United. Had another decent game I thought.

For Rangers King looked comfortable throughout but, granted a dead rubber, Lowry looks like a very, very good young footballer. Arguably did more good with this first 3 touches than I've seen from some of his senior colleagues in games I've watched them this season.

Good to see a few good young Scots coming through for both sides.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Siegrist's agent must be fuming. You're supposed to play really well as you get near the end of your contract.

I wouldn’t blame him for the penalty.

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

Decent enough performance from the reserve and youth players, King never looked out of place at the back.

He played a game for Rangers? Congratulations to him on the 10 Scotland caps that go with it. 

21 minutes ago, bennett said:

Decent enough performance from the reserve and youth players, King never looked out of place at the back.

Aye think we've got a cracker on our hands with King. Lowry also needs game time now, McCann looks a player from other games I've seen but I'd say looks to be a little bit behind the other two. 

I'd love it if we could get Diallo back for next year. Can tell when he develops properly he'll be a monster. 

Seigrest has always impressed me when I've seen him, penalty antics aside could be worth a punt for a long term GK plan? 

2 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Aye think we've got a cracker on our hands with King. Lowry also needs game time now, McCann looks a player from other games I've seen but I'd say looks to be a little bit behind the other two. 

I'd love it if we could get Diallo back for next year. Can tell when he develops properly he'll be a monster. 

Seigrest has always impressed me when I've seen him, penalty antics aside could be worth a punt for a long term GK plan? 

I'd give them time in the next few games as we've nothing to lose and could gain a fair bit.  Diallo gave them a torrid time today, you can see why he's rated so highly.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

I'd give them time in the next few games as we've nothing to lose and could gain a fair bit.  Diallo gave them a torrid time today, you can see why he's rated so highly.

Aye I think our January transfer window was pivotal and we got it wrong but Diallo was very unlucky, had a good start then a poor performance when we got pumped by celtc (everybody played shite) and he was frozen out... I must say for a young lad that had got stick on Twitter for his montage he has displayed a tremendous attitude and bounced back really well. Wee man seems to be loving it up here.

3 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Aye I think our January transfer window was pivotal and we got it wrong but Diallo was very unlucky, had a good start then a poor performance when we got pumped by celtc (everybody played shite) and he was frozen out... I must say for a young lad that had got stick on Twitter for his montage he has displayed a tremendous attitude and bounced back really well. Wee man seems to be loving it up here.

We can be too quick to write players off if they don't hit the ground running straight away, Lundstram is probably the best example of that. 

Not a great spectacle, but with some Gers' changes, why didn't DundeeU at least give it a go ? may as well have lost 7-3 Just a case of breaking these teams buses down, one goal was enough. Quietish atmosphere,you must still be knackered from midweek ! A rare visit to a big ground, £29 wasn't too bad. 

45 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Not a great spectacle, but with some Gers' changes, why didn't DundeeU at least give it a go ? may as well have lost 7-3 Just a case of breaking these teams buses down, one goal was enough. Quietish atmosphere,you must still be knackered from midweek ! A rare visit to a big ground, £29 wasn't too bad. 

Whilst i agree with the sentiments, the chase for fourth may come down to goal difference so i cant see United being keen on shipping 4 goals today

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Not a great spectacle, but with some Gers' changes, why didn't DundeeU at least give it a go ? 

I only caught the 2nd half but they were incapable of giving it a go.

Between today's inept day-glo mob and their once-proud navy-blue neighbours, it is clear that football in Dundee is broken.  Possibly irreparably.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I only caught the 2nd half but they were incapable of giving it a go.

Between today's inept day-glo mob and their once-proud navy-blue neighbours, it is clear that football in Dundee is broken.  Possibly irreparably.

Raging after a 2-0 win? Thats a new one but crack on mate...

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Pointing out that you tried to play British Bulldog while we played football does not make me 'raging'.

You couldve mentioned your squad rotation, use of younger players etc but concentrated on us for some reason. More interested in us it seems