Hibernian v Aberdeen

3 hours ago, Alex_14 said:

Didn’t see the game. Twitter is in meltdown that we’re shite and going down next year. Panic stations it is!

There would need to be a distinct improvement, pdq, all the same.

The only summary of that match is that it was turgid end of season rubbish, we and Aberdeen are fortunate that the teams below are poor.

Both teams have some amount of crap contracted as first team players, and need a decent reshuffle in some areas (ok, all over the pitch if we are honest).

Wildlife highlight of the day was the jakie looking for a square go on Leith walk as I was walking to the pub to watch the Celtic match.

I didn't go to the match but had the great misfortune of boarding a train at Inverkeithing (after attending the Queen's Park game) where a carriage full of Aberdeen supporters were returning from Easter Road.

I normally avoid the train especially if it's the same day as an Aberdeen away match on the route but I mistakenly thought there wouldn't be much travelling down. 

It was full of pastel jackets, or jackets with goggles, shorts, youths, men old enough to know and dress more appropriately, and indeed I think some were father and son combos.

I should've waited an extra hour and jumped on the Megabus at the Halbeath Interchange.

Regrets, regrets...

Also, Inverkeithing seems to have quite a large Hibs support. Is there more Hibs than Hearts in Inverkeithing? Although, I suppose they could've been headed for Rosyth or Dunfermline too...Commuter overspill I suspect.

2 hours ago, naegoodinthedark said:

That’s going to be solely down to recruitment, as Jim has failed to get anything out of this group of chancers. We’re worse, if anything, than under Glass. 

Not quite. We've certainly not improved but I would not have expected better from Glass. It's his fault we are in this mess as his signings were atrocious and the fitness levels are a disgrace.

20 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

Looked like an incident between police and Aberdeen fans on Bothwell after the game

That started when a young woman tried to reverse her car in the middle of the fans who then kicked off. Some Hibs fans seemed to take offence at the Aberdeen lads trying to hassle the young woman and then the the police arrived.

Was all a bit needless but probably more entertaining than the garbage both sides produced on the pitch.

10 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

Bobby Madden, fucking hell 😂

I thought it was a pen watching live, Madden confused every single person in the stadium.

When I watched it on the tv, the only thing which was clear was that Ferguson should have been given a BAFTA for the reaction.

On 08/05/2022 at 06:08, Jacksgranda said:

There would need to be a distinct improvement, pdq, all the same.

To be fair, we’ve got until August to get the improvements going in the league, so not that pdq.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

To be fair, we’ve got until August to get the improvements going in the league, so not that pdq.

It is when you're my age...

19 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Also, Inverkeithing seems to have quite a large Hibs support. Is there more Hibs than Hearts in Inverkeithing? Although, I suppose they could've been headed for Rosyth or Dunfermline too...Commuter overspill I suspect.

Very likely they were headed for the new housing estates in Duloch or Dalgety Bay. There's quite a lot of Hibs fans in South Fife. There seems to be a greater number of them than Jambos.  It's mainly folk who moved over the bridge to get bigger houses in the last 25 years or so.

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

Very likely they were headed for the new housing estates in Duloch or Dalgety Bay. There's quite a lot of Hibs fans in South Fife. There seems to be a greater number of them than Jambos.  It's mainly folk who moved over the bridge to get bigger houses in the last 25 years or so.

I always thought it was the other way around! I know loads of Jambos from Dunfermline area but vanishingly few Hibees.

21 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I didn't go to the match but had the great misfortune of boarding a train at Inverkeithing (after attending the Queen's Park game) where a carriage full of Aberdeen supporters were returning from Easter Road.

I normally avoid the train especially if it's the same day as an Aberdeen away match on the route but I mistakenly thought there wouldn't be much travelling down. 

It was full of pastel jackets, or jackets with goggles, shorts, youths, men old enough to know and dress more appropriately, and indeed I think some were father and son combos.

I should've waited an extra hour and jumped on the Megabus at the Halbeath Interchange.

Regrets, regrets...

Not when | lived there. I knew more Hearts than Hibs. There's a particularly (in)famous Hibs boy lived in Inverkeithing. He's from Rosyth originally.

Edited by Suspect Device

18 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Not when | lived there. I knew more Hearts than Hibs. There's a particularly (in)famous Hibs boy lived in Inverkeithing. He's from Rosyth originally.

AB presumably?

See him most home games, I think he has a hospitality season ticket in the West, which must cost a lot for the crap football on show!

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

AB presumably?

See him most home games, I think he has a hospitality season ticket in the West, which must cost a lot for the crap football on show!

That's the one. He was a couple of years above me at school but I knew his sister who was in my year.

I got on fine with him despite our 'differences'. He seems to be doing well in his 'legitimate businesses' these days.

3 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

He's some lad. Know him to chat away and he's an absolute diehard fan. Even during the lockdown season he would travel to places he knew he could get a vantage point like Livi or Stranraer in the cup with his mate, another well known face from back in the day.. 

On 08/05/2022 at 07:59, Leith Green said:

The only summary of that match is that it was turgid end of season rubbish, we and Aberdeen are fortunate that the teams below are poor.

Both teams have some amount of crap contracted as first team players, and need a decent reshuffle in some areas (ok, all over the pitch if we are honest).

Wildlife highlight of the day was the jakie looking for a square go on Leith walk as I was walking to the pub to watch the Celtic match.

Think I saw him heading towards one of the diggers on the roundabout coming off London Road onto Leith Walk, or was this one further down?