Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

Been a pretty miserable season supporting City but tonight is the kind of night that reminds you why you do this every other week.

Best we've played all season and as Ouzy See's number 1 defender/supporter in the fan base I particularly enjoyed his display. Absolutely outstanding.

At a wedding on Saturday, so the margin of tonight's victory hopefully means I can get fired into the table wine without subtly trying to watch the stream on my phone........

7 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:

At a wedding on Saturday, so the margin of tonight's victory hopefully means I can get fired into the table wine without subtly trying to watch the stream on my phone........

Hopefully we don’t provide a stream on Saturday, seen as to guys didn’t tonight. That sort of pettiness fits right in with our squad at the minute. 

be kind as well and send a note to our players and staff of how many forwards you guys plan on playing 

55 minutes ago, DobbiesAgent said:

Quite laughable that Aitken and Farrell are the only two managers to get us relegated in the last 15 years anyways. 

It’s alright tho, they are excused cause they are “nice” guys 

dobbers 

To be fair, at least Aitken was decent for a while before he totally lost the plot.

Farrell now has two relegations on his CV and his career high was losing to the only Dumbarton side in recent history worse than his own.

A joyous night at the Stadio del Ainslie. OK we were gifted a couple of opportunities but Ouzy took both his goals well and Robbo's injury time strike was the icing on the cake. 

Good turn out from the Sons, bad luck tonight and safe home guys. 

47 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m only going by what I was told. The absolute shagging may have changed that of course but from what I’ve heard I wouldn’t be expecting Farrell to leave anytime soon.

That may be the consolation to come out of tonight. Surely the manner and margin of the defeat has to at the very least make them think twice.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The margin of the aggregate could be interesting......

Maybe Edinburgh City will declare.

Anyway, good luck to them. Would like to see them or Annan come up since neither have climbed the heights of L1 before.

Also, it’ll give me an excuse to come home for a Forfar bridie or five.

Fair play to City they did exactly what was needed against a push poor side.

Stranger made an error for the first goal (error 36 I believe) but I felt sorry for him for the rest of the game, basically playing as a solo CB as Buchanan wandered around marking shadows and putting his hand up to say sorry I put the ball out (muppet)

Manager again showed he has no, well management skills by making two random subs at HT. Pure guess work for those subs.

Oh and special mention to Orsi’s Mrs for having a go at me for slagging her man only to up and leave after the 4 goal went in - lol 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

All this moaning about streaming. The only stream you would likely to be seeing is a big stream of pish! 

Telt yez :P 

This being City though we are likely to concede a comical early o.g. at The Rock before giving away a penalty, panicking and losing a third to equal the tie before losing on penalties. 

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Telt yez :P 

This being City though we are likely to concede a comical early o.g. at The Rock before giving away a penalty, panicking and losing a third to equal the tie before losing on penalties. 

If this happens I’ll run naked from London to Dumbarton.

Headed to this game to tick off another ground on my list and was shocked by how far Dumbarton have fallen since their Championship days.

Shambolic stuff at the back in the first half but looked more likely to make it 2-2 before Edinburgh scored for 3-1 and the heads dropped. Surprised the no17 (Syvertsen?) was subbed at HT as he looked pretty handy and comfortable on the ball. 

No chance the Sons are coming back from this in 2nd leg. Assume the atmosphere will be pretty poisonous given how the fans were arguing among themselves. Proper miserable bunch - but no wonder if that’s what they’ve had to put up with all season. 

A few observations on a night of predictable misery

Replacing Syvertsen, who was doing fine linking with McLean, for Orsi at half time sums up Farrell.

Stevie Aitken was in attendance, he's tiny, even smaller than I remember.

At one point nearly all our subs, even big McGeever etc were watching the game amongst the Sons fans, on the slope behind the goal, for a spell there was 2 lonely figures in our dugout 🤔

Edinburgh City are not great but they did everything that we can't, took their chances, defended well and they were well organised. Well worth their win. You can only blow it now lads. Hope you go up and progress at Meadowbank.

Jury out on the pies, mince and gravy can be very messy.

4 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Headed to this game to tick off another ground on my list and was shocked by how far Dumbarton have fallen since their Championship days.

Shambolic stuff at the back in the first half but looked more likely to make it 2-2 before Edinburgh scored for 3-1 and the heads dropped. Surprised the no17 (Syvertsen?) was subbed at HT as he looked pretty handy and comfortable on the ball. 

No chance the Sons are coming back from this in 2nd leg. Assume the atmosphere will be pretty poisonous given how the fans were arguing among themselves. Proper miserable bunch - but no wonder if that’s what they’ve had to put up with all season. 

Really? I’d be pretty surprised by that. I think we’re all fairly united on where the blame lies.