Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

21 hours ago, microdave said:

That was a 3rd round Scottish cup match in January 1998 when Ian Wallace was in charge. I remember a new signing (playing his fourth game for us) going through on the keeper to win the match but the ball bobbled a bit on the Boghead turf. Whatever happened to Paddy Flannery?

Nah. No bobble. Flannery was rubbish at one-on-ones.

7 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

😟

I’ll just make sure those are the only games I come up for.  Farrell’s lucky they’re so tasty, so I won’t be tempted to lob them his way.

I never got to try one as a certain spiky haired Son got the last one...

14 minutes ago, microdave said:
21 minutes ago, FifeSons said:
At least we can get a Forfar bridie next season.

The steak pies are nicer. Id say they're the best pastry in scottish fitba.

I’ve never had their steak pie, but that’s a big claim that it’s better than the bridie. I used to get excellent Haggis Bridies in St Andrews, too.

Pastries are so shite down in England, they’re always the kind of pies you need to eat with a knife and fork. The only advantage they have down here is that they can sell beer in the concourse.

I’ve never had their steak pie, but that’s a big claim that it’s better than the bridie. I used to get excellent Haggis Bridies in St Andrews, too.

Pastries are so shite down in England, they’re always the kind of pies you need to eat with a knife and fork. The only advantage they have down here is that they can sell beer in the concourse.
Tbh, I only tried it because Jan Vojacek waxed lyrical about it on twitter. I'm very glad he did. I also think the steak bridie at East End park is better than a Forfar bridie. I'll need to try a haggis bridie at some point. Sounds amazing.

It's nice to see a lack of Edinburgh City fans on this thread tonight. Hopefully they'll be out having a good time and so they should.

1 minute ago, microdave said:

Tbh, I only tried it because Jan Vojacek waxed lyrical about it on twitter. I'm very glad he did. I also think the steak bridie at East End park is better than a Forfar bridie. I'll need to try a haggis bridie at some point. Sounds amazing.

It's nice to see a lack of Edinburgh City fans on this thread tonight. Hopefully they'll be out having a good time and so they should.

I’ve never actually been to East End Park. Should’ve taken advantage of it when our paths crossed in the Championship/1st Division.

The only L2 grounds I haven’t been to for next season are Bonnyrigg and Albion Rovers. Believe or not, I’ve always really wanted to go to Cliffonhill, just to see how bad it is. 

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I’ve never actually been to East End Park. Should’ve taken advantage of it when our paths crossed in the Championship/1st Division.

The only L2 grounds I haven’t been to for next season are Bonnyrigg and Albion Rovers. Believe or not, I’ve always really wanted to go to Cliffonhill, just to see how bad it is. 

It's fucking shite. Owens bar was alright last I was there, but that was years ago. The ground is a bin that holds no romantic sway.

2 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

It's fucking shite. Owens bar was alright last I was there, but that was years ago. The ground is a bin that holds no romantic sway.

The more people say that, the more it bizarrely makes me want to see for myself!

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

The more people say that, the more it bizarrely makes me want to see for myself!

Ok....

Be a c**t of a waste of a journey. I've been to London, I know there are shitholes there. It looks like, and is, a shithole.

31 minutes ago, microdave said:

The Station bar in Larbert must be the closest pub to a railway platform on Scotland. If I'm wrong, I'm open to suggestions.

Mallard (IIRC) in Dingwall literally backs onto the platform?

Not surprised Dumbarton have gone down, slightly surprised EC have done for them. 

The Station Bar in the Vale.
That's a good shout. I've been in that pub but probably not this century.
Mallard (IIRC) in Dingwall literally backs onto the platform?
Not surprised Dumbarton have gone down, slightly surprised EC have done for them. 
I might get to try there if we get a cup draw. It'll be a while till we play County in a league match I'd imagine.