Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

14 minutes ago, microdave said:

That's a good shout. I've been in that pub but probably not this century.I might get to try there if we get a cup draw. It'll be a while till we play County in a league match I'd imagine.

I was there last Saturday after the game. It's literally on the roundabout as is the station. Decent enough bar.

Re: the Mallard; I missed Kilmarnock's only goal in a 0-1 win v Ross County at Easter years back as I stayed in the pub too long. Trying to get in the ground drunk at half time was a mission. Those c***s really give you a grilling and threaten a weekend in dingwall jail. As if anyone would watch Ross county v Kilmarnock sober.

3 hours ago, FifeSons said:

At least we can get a Forfar bridie next season.

Nah, Forfar bridies are pish, they make them better in Montrose.
Apologies, I don’t want to rub it in, I’m sorry to see the Sons going down. Hopefully you have the momentum to take yourselves back up.

3 hours ago, microdave said:

Tbh, I only tried it because Jan Vojacek waxed lyrical about it on twitter. I'm very glad he did. I also think the steak bridie at East End park is better than a Forfar bridie. I'll need to try a haggis bridie at some point. Sounds amazing.

It's nice to see a lack of Edinburgh City fans on this thread tonight. Hopefully they'll be out having a good time and so they should.

Agreed about most things,, but didnae kin Bridies went as far south as Dunfermline.

Has Embra city got the support? Or are they another club with someone pumping in the cash for their own ego, without actually having the supporters?

Agreed about most things,, but didnae kin Bridies went as far south as Dunfermline.
Has Embra city got the support? Or are they another club with someone pumping in the cash for their own ego, without actually having the supporters?

Without wanting to go all Falkirk here, I was really surprised at how quiet the away end was. I can’t say I really gave Edinburgh City’s support any thought at all, but I assumed they’d bring 200 or so yesterday given the situation they were in. But the away end had 59 in it.

That being said there was a good turnout at Ainslie Park midweek. So I don’t know if, akin to Cove, they have a good home support when the bigger clubs in the City aren’t playing, but don’t travel well.

I don’t think they’re a cash rich ego trip though. Certainly not to Cove or Kelty levels anyway.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Without wanting to go all Falkirk here, I was really surprised at how quiet the away end was. I can’t say I really gave Edinburgh City’s support any thought at all, but I assumed they’d bring 200 or so yesterday given the situation they were in. But the away end had 59 in it.

That being said there was a good turnout at Ainslie Park midweek. So I don’t know if, akin to Cove, they have a good home support when the bigger clubs in the City aren’t playing, but don’t travel well.

I don’t think they’re a cash rich ego trip though. Certainly not to Cove or Kelty levels anyway.

Yes, that's it, their support is bolstered by Hearts/Hibs fans seeking a match to watch.

Was talking to 2 guys there on Tues night about just that.

Spartans have an excellent community set up there too, I noticed, lots of youth games on as our match was starting.

5 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Yes, that's it, their support is bolstered by Hearts/Hibs fans seeking a match to watch.

Was talking to 2 guys there on Tues night about just that.

Spartans have an excellent community set up there too, I noticed, lots of youth games on as our match was starting.

I think moving away from Meadowbank really dented the progress City were making in growing the fan base. The numbers have steadily went down since we left.

Whilst we will always be grateful for Ainslie park being available for us to play home games, it really is a soulless place to watch a game.

I have definitely noticed an upsurge in younger kids attending which can only bode well for the future. Once the second stand is built at the new Meadowbank, it should lend itself to a better matchday experience.

10 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

City have never had large numbers following them away. And we were 4-1 up in the tie and pretty much home and dry to be fair. So I think a few of our lads and lasses were saving their cash and travel time for the final. 

14 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

City have never had large numbers following them away. And we were 4-1 up in the tie and pretty much home and dry to be fair. So I think a few of our lads and lasses were saving their cash and travel time for the final. 

Agreed. Definitely seen alot more reaction on Social Media regarding travelling to Annan on Friday.

21 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

It's fucking shite. Owens bar was alright last I was there, but that was years ago. The ground is a bin that holds no romantic sway.

Cliftonhill is one of my favourite grounds. It takes me right back to when I started watching football. As a child, in the 50s. It's just a pity the terracing opposite the stand can't be used these days.

2 minutes ago, rockson said:

Cliftonhill is one of my favourite grounds. It takes me right back to when I started watching football. As a child, in the 50s. It's just a pity the terracing opposite the stand can't be used these days.

It takes you back to the 50s because it hasn't changed since.