Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

That might have been even worse than I could’ve expected and worse than the first leg. Total lack of effort, urgency, desire… As I said earlier, looked like a mid table end of season clash, with nothing to play for. In fact, EC looked more like the side who needed a goal than us. Nothing short of a disgraceful and gutless end to the season.

If Farrell had a shred of dignity and integrity he’d resign immediately.

Was he straight down the tunnel at the end btw?

Other than a token booing for Farrell as he clapped his way off the park, there was a surprising lack of ire from the stand. Last time I saw a Sons team relegated at the rock the atmosphere was poisonous. Today it was more irked.

If this board do not sack Farrell I really fear for the future of my club. A club that I have suported for 62 years. This has been a sad season. A ban on season ticket purchase might send a message to the board. What worries me is......... does this board even care?

45 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

An absolutely pathetic display today. The players didn’t even look arsed. Doon we get. 

Did Farrell and the players get boo’d off at the end?

Players were applauded. “Keep the heed up joe” directed at joe McKee. Stevie Farrell was unanimously booed until He disappeared down the tunnel. I produce the end of match interview video and the promo videos such as the one for “up for the playoffs” and didn’t bother today. The interviews are produced for the club socials and there was thought to be no positive spin which I agree with. Written interviews are to follow though. 

A lot of dissection to be done after those two games (and the season as a whole). I can’t see how the club can allow this to continue. 

7 minutes ago, SANDYSON said:

Players were applauded. “Keep the heed up joe” directed at joe McKee. Stevie Farrell was unanimously booed until He disappeared down the tunnel. I produce the end of match interview video and the promo videos such as the one for “up for the playoffs” and didn’t bother today. The interviews are produced for the club socials and there was thought to be no positive spin which I agree with. Written interviews are to follow though. 

A lot of dissection to be done after those two games (and the season as a whole). I can’t see how the club can allow this to continue. 

Who’s choice was it to not proceed with a post match interview? Yourself or Farrell’s?

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Who’s choice was it to not proceed with a post match interview? Yourself or Farrell’s?

I also arrange and supervise the ball girls for the home matches so usually run over to the collection point with them and then come back and do the interviews. Edit them for an hour or so and submit them, always with a positive spin.  I don’t see a positive spin. So it was me who decided not to run back and collect an interview.  I’m kicking myself now though because I think I would have liked to know what was said. Farrell will definitely have spoken to the media, he always does. Even last week at Edinburgh I asked him if he wanted to do the interview and he said yes