Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

2 minutes ago, microdave said:
12 minutes ago, FifeSons said:
You’d have to wonder how Fallon was allowed to continue for so long.

Plenty did and iirc he resigned rather than the board sacking him.

That board doesn’t sound too dissimilar to the current one in that regard.

I think I was about 5 or 6 when Fallon was in charge so I’m not counting him in the “my lifetime” patter cause all I cared about back then was getting in for free at half time and running around the death trap terraces with my mate who lived next door to Bogheid. The glory days. I very vaguely remember a 1-1 home draw with Motherwell when I was a nipper, that wasn’t under Fallon was it? I’m pretty sure my whole class at school got free tickets for that.

I think I was about 5 or 6 when Fallon was in charge so I’m not counting him in the “my lifetime” patter cause all I cared about back then was getting in for free at half time and running around the death trap terraces with my mate who lived next door to Bogheid. The glory days. I very vaguely remember a 1-1 home draw with Motherwell when I was a nipper, that wasn’t under Fallon was it? I’m pretty sure my whole class at school got free tickets for that.
That was a 3rd round Scottish cup match in January 1998 when Ian Wallace was in charge. I remember a new signing (playing his fourth game for us) going through on the keeper to win the match but the ball bobbled a bit on the Boghead turf. Whatever happened to Paddy Flannery?

13 minutes ago, microdave said:

That was a 3rd round Scottish cup match in January 1998 when Ian Wallace was in charge. I remember a new signing (playing his fourth game for us) going through on the keeper to win the match but the ball bobbled a bit on the Boghead turf. Whatever happened to Paddy Flannery?

Alex McLeish was in charge of Motherwell at the time, too.

It’s a toss up between going down the rock or into town for a few more pints before a night in town. 
I’ll save my tenner for the pints. 

all the best city, f**k off farrell

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

Anyone else starting to think we could pull this off tomorrow?

Reveal hidden contents

Nope, me neither.

I saw City blow a 4 goal lead in an East of Scotland game once.... :unsure2:

If the players can be as assertive as they were on Tuesday and we can get the first goal, then who knows what will happen.

No mistakes today, take our chances and see what we get.

My only positive is that they weren’t as good as the 1st leg scoreline suggests. We need to play with width and tempo like we did for that 20min spell just before and after we scored. 

What we can’t do is start slow and/or concede first. If that happens the atmosphere turns negative very quickly and we’re doon.

Goal in the first 10-15 mins and it’s the opposite.