Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I actually wouldn't put it past us scoring three on Saturday. Especially with Edinburgh likely being without both Ben Stirling and Lee Hamilton. We're going to have to go balls out attacking the game, which suits the players we have imo.

There's absolutely zero chance of a clean sheet however. Which means we're probably going to have to score four or five. Which is not happening.

I'm sure EC will be sent out with the instruction that an early goal will kill the tie stone dead, and such is the margin already they can well afford to give that a go.  If they manage it, it could be a very long ninety minutes played out before a sullen, resentful home crowd.

I think the crowd on Saturday will depend on the weather. It'll be quite poor if it's dry, or absolutely terrible if it's raining.

I'll be there. For some unknown reason I've got a mate who isnt a Sons fan and wants to come along to the game. 

7 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I think the crowd on Saturday will depend on the weather. It'll be quite poor if it's dry, or absolutely terrible if it's raining.

I'll be there. For some unknown reason I've got a mate who isnt a Sons fan and wants to come along to the game. 

I expect a decent crowd; through the ages the public has always liked an execution.

On 03/05/2022 at 21:48, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Stevie Farrell is the worst manager we’ve had in my lifetime

I was wondering about this. Is he worse than Paul Martin? Quite a tough call IMO. PM did at least manage a season where he kept us up and went on to be successful at Albion Rovers, I suppose.

9 hours ago, microdave said:

I'll be going mainly through the fear of missing out on the off chance a miracle occurs. Normally if we go three goals down, I leave so it'll be strange arriving at three goals down.

You do know what's going to happen here ?  We are going to draw 1-1 in a God-awful game.

11 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I was wondering about this. Is he worse than Paul Martin? Quite a tough call IMO. PM did at least manage a season where he kept us up and went on to be successful at Albion Rovers, I suppose.

Or David Winnie? 🤔

At a wedding tomorrow so for the sake of my own marriage would appreciate an early City goal and a Dumbarton collapse which will save me spending 1500 - 1700 glued to my phone and the inevitable consequences of that.

Actually think Dumbarton will score and make things nervy but based on their defending on Tuesday I expect us to score at least once as well and that to be enough to see us through.

21 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Who was manager when we went over a year without a win?

Who was manager when we went over a year without a win?
Jim Fallon. Don't think it was quite as long as a year, it just felt like that!
It was exactly 11 months although it was 13 months between home victories and Fallon had left by the time we got it.