Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

Just now, Silverton End said:

Well, he was in the wee pitchside stand which was 50/50 split between both sets of fans.

#taught u well

*tought

What a wee fanny showing up for this game. The ghost at the feast. Him and Farrell probably more concerned about how Sevco get on this week.

10 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

*tought

What a wee fanny showing up for this game. The ghost at the feast. Him and Farrell probably more concerned about how Sevco get on this week.

To be fair there was a shitload of players and managers from other clubs there tonight.

Stevie Crawford, Jim Jeffries, pretty sure I noticed a couple of ex-Sons players too,  there was even a boayy in Albion Rovers gear, sizing us up for next season

😂

God this was a such poor result and in front of a very decently sized away support as well. What a pity.

Our defending was an abomination. Humiliating and embarrassing. The players involved are fortunate there was no stream tonight as some of Edinburgh’s goals had viral meme potential. 

Despite the fact we’d plenty of possession and shots on goal a lot of our attacking phases were directionless and we desperately lacked a proper striker throughout the match.

I don’t think EC’s players are particularly superior to ours but it’s the story of the season - we’re a group of individuals rather than a team and the next individual error is only ever a few moments away. For this and various other reasons we’re going to be playing (and likely struggling) in League 2 next season. 

Out coached.  I'm pretty sure we played exactly the way EC wanted us to.

That said we made plenty of half chances and some terrible mistakes that were punished.

Stanger has been pretty solid in general but his mistake for the first set the tone.  But before that we'd seen signs that our defence was unnerved by the long ball and goal kicks.  EC seemed to have 4 men up, man for man against our defence for every goal kick and we were a little fortunate at one point when the 2 CBs went for the same ball and never got it.

I dont see us turning this around. 

8 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

Oh and special mention to Orsi’s Mrs for having a go at me for slagging her man only to up and leave after the 4 goal went in - lol 

You know it's a full on shame game when someones Mrs has a go at fans. 

8 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

Oh and special mention to Orsi’s Mrs for having a go at me for slagging her man only to up and leave after the 4 goal went in - lol 

Orsi is a superior level of shite. His da’s tan is also a fucking abomination!

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You know it's a full on shame game when someones Mrs has a go at fans. 

We pay for his fucking wages. Whilst he serves up dross on the park the least his mrs should have expected was fans having a go 

15 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Farrell will not walk away. He'll believe that he can take us back up next season.

If he goes then it'll be because the club board sack him. Does anybody actually believe that the club board will sack him? Not should. This isnt about whether or not the club board should sack Farrell. They should have done it in late January/early February when we still had a chance of recruiting. They should do it as soon as our game is finished on Saturday and we should start the recruitment process first thing on Monday morning.

But will the board make that decision? We're an absolute shambles off the park and we're getting absolutely no leadership from our chairman. I'd genuinely love to know if any fans have got any kind of confidence in our chairman? How many fans have actually had a conversation with the chairman? Not just within hospitality, but in another encounter with him? On match day. On any other occasion when visiting the stadium. Or even simply meeting him somewhere.

Anybody? Has anybody seen our chairman and actually had any kind of interaction with him?

Farrell and our on the park problems are a symptom of something far bigger and far more serious going wrong within our club. 

I thought I was sitting next to him at the Alloa away game. Turned out to be syversten’s pals 😀 has the chairman attended a home game? 

Obviously as a City fan I am delighted with the result, but there periods in the 2nd half when you had us under the cosh at 2-1. Also looked like we got away with a handball in the box just before half time? Not seen any comments about that. 

Having seen City go 4-0 down after half an hour against Stirling last weekend there is still a bit left in this tie.....

Since the play offs were introduced in 2005/06, no team has ever recovered from a three goal first leg deficit. Across 90 ties, the closest anyone has come was Livingston in 15/16 when they forced extra time against Stranraer but ended up losing.

Edinburgh City fans have nothing to worry about. History is on your side.

2 hours ago, microdave said:

Since the play offs were introduced in 2005/06, no team has ever recovered from a three goal first leg deficit. Across 90 ties, the closest anyone has come was Livingston in 15/16 when they forced extra time against Stranraer but ended up losing.

As a long standing City fan who has seen many a feck up over the years all I can say is

1337496872_ohbollocks.jpg.bfd91c26af3843c8c29992fe109d468c.jpg

9 hours ago, microdave said:

Clyde recovered from a three goal deficit in the second half of the second leg in 2008, turning a 5-2 aggregate deficit against Alloa into a 6-5 victory. Sore one, even though we all knew that Alloa side wasn't good enough to go up to the 2nd tier. And while some questionable subs from Alloa had a big impact, it is after all only a few weeks since Dumbarton scored three goals in ten minutes at the Recs. 

Not sure about the idea of history being on City's side either given how absolutely terrible they were as a Scottish League side in their original guise in the 30s 😁. If that history tells us anything, it's that Edinburgh City will probably lose. The new City are of course a much stronger team. 

I actually wouldn't put it past us scoring three on Saturday. Especially with Edinburgh likely being without both Ben Stirling and Lee Hamilton. We're going to have to go balls out attacking the game, which suits the players we have imo.

There's absolutely zero chance of a clean sheet however. Which means we're probably going to have to score four or five. Which is not happening.

Clyde recovered from a three goal deficit in the second half of the second leg in 2008, turning a 5-2 aggregate deficit against Alloa into a 6-5 victory. Sore one, even though we all knew that Alloa side wasn't good enough to go up to the 2nd tier. And while some questionable subs from Alloa had a big impact, it is after all only a few weeks since Dumbarton scored three goals in ten minutes at the Recs. 
Not sure about the idea of history being on City's side either given how absolutely terrible they were as a Scottish League side in their original guise in the 30s [emoji16]. If that history tells us anything, it's that Edinburgh City will probably lose. The new City are of course a much stronger team. 
So they did. I only had a look at first leg scores and not how the second legs developed. That was quite the recovery and no doubt a sickener for Alloa.