Edinburgh City vs Dumbarton/Dumbarton vs Edinburgh City

3 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Let’s see all the comments about him looking good and keep him for next season.

couldn’t get a game in lowland league !!

What a bizarre statement.

Stanger has looked good the past couple months, he’s probably worth keeping.

Stanger also had a howler tonight.

Both can be true.

11 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

No need for that.

As shite a manager as he's been for us, nobody should be wishing harm on him. And fans need to start looking at the people who hired him and the reason he's still in a job. Farrel is a symptom of our problems rather than the root cause. We need to be demanding better from our owners and our club board. They're the ones presiding over this shambles.

Fair enough, frustration in the heat of the moment. I apologise. I obviously don’t wish harm on anyone.

Edited by FifeSons

4 minutes ago, the snudge said:

He's a moron if he doesnt resign. The atnosphere will not be pleasant on saturday

The stadium will be awash with the usual happy clapping morons who scythe down anyone who dares says a bad word against the players or manager.

That result tonight is an absolute disgrace althought I’m not surprised one bit. Stevie Farrell is the worst manager we’ve had in my lifetime and our board is full of clueless idiots, including the supposed supporters rep and mysterious “football man”.

We 100% deserve to go down - well done Edinburgh City on a fantastic result and for killing us off this early in the tie. Enjoy your day on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Let’s see all the comments about him looking good and keep him for next season.

couldn’t get a game in lowland league !!

Just now, cedrick1 said:

I made comment on March 13 that he wasn’t good enough and I stand by that .

Nae bother captain hindsight. Stanger has looked fairly solid up until tonight.

After tonight’s result there isn’t a single one of them I’d retain tbh, that is proper shame game material.

I said a while ago I could see the playoffs ended with a properly humiliating defeat. It’s a very fitting way to need the season.

At least we don’t even need to bother watching Saturday now.

Edited by FifeSons

8 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

You were saying ?  If the guy has any integrity he should consider his position.

I’m only going by what I was told. The absolute shagging may have changed that of course but from what I’ve heard I wouldn’t be expecting Farrell to leave anytime soon.

Farrell will not walk away. He'll believe that he can take us back up next season.

If he goes then it'll be because the club board sack him. Does anybody actually believe that the club board will sack him? Not should. This isnt about whether or not the club board should sack Farrell. They should have done it in late January/early February when we still had a chance of recruiting. They should do it as soon as our game is finished on Saturday and we should start the recruitment process first thing on Monday morning.

But will the board make that decision? We're an absolute shambles off the park and we're getting absolutely no leadership from our chairman. I'd genuinely love to know if any fans have got any kind of confidence in our chairman? How many fans have actually had a conversation with the chairman? Not just within hospitality, but in another encounter with him? On match day. On any other occasion when visiting the stadium. Or even simply meeting him somewhere.

Anybody? Has anybody seen our chairman and actually had any kind of interaction with him?

Farrell and our on the park problems are a symptom of something far bigger and far more serious going wrong within our club. 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Nae bother captain hindsight. Stanger has looked fairly solid up until tonight.

After tonight’s result there isn’t a single one of them I’d retain tbh, that is proper shame game material.

It's an embarrassment, a farce and a fucking joke! We are a laughing stock. And I agree. Not one I would keep. Bin the lot of them and if we start next season with the Vale u-20s squad then so be it, at least they would give us a bit of fight! 

I took the day off on Saturday, wasn't reffing, all to go to the game. f**k that, won't bother now. I'm out. 

image.thumb.png.9078e866a3e226f023cf94cccf45f87f.pngI don’t know what’s worse. Getting pumped or getting slagged of an Edinburgh city fan with a hearts badge as his avatar. 

Fucking Ragin btw. Can’t actually believe we allowed this idiot to manage us for a full season when he went on a 12 game losing streak. 
Wouldn’t give him a chance to resign. Boot him and his fucking gang of jobbers he’s brought with him out the door. 

Absolutely Fuming. The incompetence is laughable. When you think about the squad Jim Duffy had and kept us up. Yet this guy does some fairly decent recruiting and turns them into a bunch of clowns who couldn’t kick their own arses. Never mind work out how many players Edinburgh had upfront? f**k me sideways

ill be going on Saturday purely to give him the verbals he deserves before the happy clapper brigade “thank him for his efforts” and pose for photos. 

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Farrell will not walk away. He'll believe that he can take us back up next season.

If he goes then it'll be because the club board sack him. Does anybody actually believe that the club board will sack him? Not should. This isnt about whether or not the club board should sack Farrell. They should have done it in late January/early February when we still had a chance of recruiting. They should do it as soon as our game is finished on Saturday and we should start the recruitment process first thing on Monday morning.

But will the board make that decision? We're an absolute shambles off the park and we're getting absolutely no leadership from our chairman. I'd genuinely love to know if any fans have got any kind of confidence in our chairman? How many fans have actually had a conversation with the chairman? Not just within hospitality, but in another encounter with him? On match day. On any other occasion when visiting the stadium. Or even simply meeting him somewhere.

Anybody? Has anybody seen our chairman and actually had any kind of interaction with him?

Farrell and our on the park problems are a symptom of something far bigger and far more serious going wrong within our club. 

I couldn’t even tell you what the c**t looks like tbh.

We all knew (at the latest) by the second game at East Fife that Farrell was guaranteed to take us down. Hence the calls for us to try literally anything else, including even giving it to one of the senior players.

It was so obvious this was coming to almost everyone.

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Your posts are always too long man

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Even with 6/7 games left after East Fife would’ve given us some kind of chance over literally no chance sticking with Farrell gave us.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I couldn’t even tell you what the c**t looks like tbh.

I can. He was my GP. I have a lot of time and respect for him as a person. He's a thoroughly decent man.

But him being a nice guy doesnt make him competent in the boardroom. We're a shambles off the park. It's scary just how poorly we're being run right now. It doesnt matter if it's Farrell or another manager. We have to see improvements as a club because we could have Klopp in the dugout and we'd still be an absolute shambles off the park. And that's a massive problem.

Just now, FifeSons said:

Even with 6/7 games left after East Fife would’ve given us some kind of chance over literally no chance sticking with Farrell gave us.

Given our board? It really wouldn't have given us a chance.

The current club board would struggle to recruit even a complete jobber of a manager.

On 02/05/2022 at 20:26, Les Cabbage said:

Obviously the no streaming is shite especially for the traveling fans but £10 for a ticket is absolutely superb.

Looking forward to heading along to this tomorrow, sounds like they’ve sold a decent amount of tickets too.

Lots of goals and a typical exciting fast paced play off please.

It’s safe to say this is what we got.

Honestly felt both teams were pretty evenly matched, Duthie was good for Dumbarton but didn’t have much end product.

The difference between the two was that Edinburgh City could defend and Dumbarton couldn’t, City scored 2 goals due to misjudged backwards passes, 1 because a Dumbarton defender blootered it off his teammate and it landed at the City boys feet and one was an own goal.

Coupled with the fact Dumbarton had two headed off the line.

The game was alot closer than the score line suggested but a 3 goal lead leaves Dumbarton a lot to do.

Ouzy See for City was absolutely superb, won a lot in the air and took his goals well, Danny Handling was decent too.

Firstly, congratulations to Edinburgh City and good luck in the final.

It's been 13 years since we last played in the bottom division and it's been a helluva ride. Loads of highs and lows but we're heading back to a division with the chance of dropping out of the league altogether which is a scary prospect. Hopefully with a new manager who goes by the name of Andy Graham.