Play-off Semi Final - Annan v Forfar / Forfar v Annan

I’m not sure they were booing the penalty as such, though from the other end it did look like a dive, the highlights show it was a penalty and a stupid one to give away. Much of the booing was due to poor second half display and what many saw as inept tactics from the management. 
I know the rules are the rules but I don’t think that third and fourth place teams should in the playoffs, it should just be second bottom against second top. Just my opinion and I understand the interest, excitement and revenue side of things.

Sour grapes that, you only finished second as we didn’t fancy the midweek trip

11 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Agreed. A team finishing 4th out of 10 teams has had an average season and should not be rewarded. It makes a mockery of the season.

The very fact that City battered Dumbarton makes a mockery of your argument ? You after weren’t the second best team, and Dumbarton were worse than second bottom of league !.

3 hours ago, annan4eva said:

The very fact that City battered Dumbarton makes a mockery of your argument ? You after weren’t the second best team, and Dumbarton were worse than second bottom of league !.

Strange argument that one. Teams from lower leagues "batter" teams from higher leagues regularly in cup competitions. A team finishing 4th out of 10 gaining promotion is farcical.

2 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Strange argument that one. Teams from lower leagues "batter" teams from higher leagues regularly in cup competitions. A team finishing 4th out of 10 gaining promotion is farcical.

Almost as strange as why mention this now when the situation was in place before a ball was kicked this season ?

52 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

Almost as strange as why mention this now when the situation was in place before a ball was kicked this season ?

It's been in place a lot longer than that and I've moaned and whinged about it every year!

Anyways, good luck in the final.

On 07/05/2022 at 23:21, Jupiter Jazz said:

Annan should've buried the game first leg.

You're trying very hard - as usual - to be different and see things other's aren't when infact playing Harkins has held us back and been an utter embarrassment.

At what point of the 2 play off games was Harkins..and only Harkins to blame for our season finishing...? Meechs gave away a needless penalty to knock us out with 3 minutes left, you still haven't mentioned that yet? Next you will be blaming Raymond Lorimer for us not winning the title quicker in 1984...😅

4 hours ago, tbsouth said:

At what point of the 2 play off games was Harkins..and only Harkins to blame for our season finishing...? Meechs gave away a needless penalty to knock us out with 3 minutes left, you still haven't mentioned that yet? Next you will be blaming Raymond Lorimer for us not winning the title quicker in 1984...😅

This is really straight forward, having Harkins on the park was akin to playing with 10 men. I'm not blaming any players, I'm blaming the manager.

I wasn't around in 1984 to blame Raymond Lorimer for anything.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz