Play-off Semi Final - Annan v Forfar / Forfar v Annan

59 minutes ago, lwh said:

Mental game from their keeper. So unlucky and undoubtedly deserved to win the tie after a goal that shouldn’t have counted in the first leg and one that should have in the second.

I’m not sure what games you were watching but in no way did we deserve to win anything. We played poorly for three quarters of the tie.

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Did you use up all your🤣 emojis on the Mo v Diamonds thread?

An Arbroath Academy boy. Used to play football every day with Tony in my summer holidays at school my post was genuine and not a wind up 

2 hours ago, fafc1885 said:

I’m not sure what games you were watching but in no way did we deserve to win anything. We played poorly for three quarters of the tie.

We completely dominated today and played very well. The first half was completely one sided. The second half was more of a battle but we won it for the majority. If the referees made the correct decision we would’ve been through. That’s unlucky

39 minutes ago, lwh said:

We completely dominated today and played very well. The first half was completely one sided. The second half was more of a battle but we won it for the majority. If the referees made the correct decision we would’ve been through. That’s unlucky

We dominated the first half yes, nobody has disputed that. The second half Annan were the better side, we just looked like a team happy enough to get to extra time. Blaming referees is not a good enough excuse for a largely poor performance over two legs.

22 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

We were dire over the two legs and lets face it for months now, lets not blame "Meechs" for that.

The season came down to 2 games, because it was Meechs that f@cked up and not Harkins means nothing to the obsessed Harkins mob, yes we should have buried the game 1st half but we didn't, not good enough to go up sadly, title up for grabs next season.

9 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

The season came down to 2 games, because it was Meechs that f@cked up and not Harkins means nothing to the obsessed Harkins mob, yes we should have buried the game 1st half but we didn't, not good enough to go up sadly, title up for grabs next season.

Annan should've buried the game first leg.

You're trying very hard - as usual - to be different and see things other's aren't when infact playing Harkins has held us back and been an utter embarrassment.

Just watched highlights and really enjoyed them!

Was at game yesterday and it sure was a game of two half’s. Forfar dominated first half and thought we were lucky to go in

only a goal down. But an inspired substitution by Peter Murphy changed game and we were right back into things.

Kept in second half by some inspired goalkeeping by Greg Fleming. Then a stonewall penalty Cooley put away by Tony Wallace.

Onwards and upwards Annan!

4 hours ago, Solway Star said:

Just watched highlights and really enjoyed them!

Was at game yesterday and it sure was a game of two half’s. Forfar dominated first half and thought we were lucky to go in

only a goal down. But an inspired substitution by Peter Murphy changed game and we were right back into things.

Kept in second half by some inspired goalkeeping by Greg Fleming. Then a stonewall penalty Cooley put away by Tony Wallace.

Onwards and upwards Annan!

Also watched the highlights, why were the Forfar support booing at the end ? That was a penalty every day of the week.

5 hours ago, annan4eva said:

Also watched the highlights, why were the Forfar support booing at the end ? That was a penalty every day of the week.

I’m not sure they were booing the penalty as such, though from the other end it did look like a dive, the highlights show it was a penalty and a stupid one to give away. Much of the booing was due to poor second half display and what many saw as inept tactics from the management. 
I know the rules are the rules but I don’t think that third and fourth place teams should in the playoffs, it should just be second bottom against second top. Just my opinion and I understand the interest, excitement and revenue side of things.

Edited by theSilverFox

21 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

I’m not sure they were booing the penalty as such, though from the other end it did look like a dive, the highlights show it was a penalty and a stupid one to give away. Much of the booing was due to poor second half display and what many as inept tactics from the management. 
I know the rules are the rules but I don’t think that third and fourth place teams should in the playoffs, it should just be second bottom against second top. Just my opinion and I understand the interest, excitement and revenue side of things.

Agreed. A team finishing 4th out of 10 teams has had an average season and should not be rewarded. It makes a mockery of the season.

1 hour ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Agreed. A team finishing 4th out of 10 teams has had an average season and should not be rewarded. It makes a mockery of the season.

Could be worse could start selling league places to the highest bidders who can effect the outcome but not win it. Went to the game yesterday as a neutral and although it did not hit the heights think the play-offs have kept the interest going much longer into the season than used to be the case .Prefer a visit to Annan next season again but good luck to both the finalists

Edited by peternapper