Play-off Semi Final - Annan v Forfar / Forfar v Annan

Forfar deserve to stay down for accommodating Harkins.

Genuinely Irvine should be punted if they don't go up as he shoehorns his old pal in the team who should be nowhere near playing league football. 

2 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Forfar deserve to stay down for accommodating Harkins.

Genuinely Irvine should be punted if they don't go up as he shoehorns his old pal in the team who should be nowhere near playing league football. 

While I wholeheartedly agree with both statements, Harkins did play ( and be OK) in our recent 5-1 defeat of Annan so he may point to that as a reason to play him last night.

Not a great result last night but we are still in the tie, big improvement needed on Saturday. Did think that being home in midweek was a likely advantage given the distances.

6 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Yeah, I don't think it was actually playing Harkins that was necessarily the issue, it was playing a 2 man midfield that was the problem as it left him exposed

Yeah playing Harkins seems to limit Slater as he has to do more defensive work which is daft.

I find it ridiculous that Harkins is in the side and I'm amazed that anybody thinks otherwise. What is it he contributes? How many games have we won when he's started? He was a cracking player in his day but is totally and utterly done and actually a complete nuisance.

2 hours ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

I find it ridiculous that Harkins is in the side and I'm amazed that anybody thinks otherwise.

Couldn't agree more. I can't think of anything he brings to the game and the team now. If I was being very generous it might be because Irvine thought his experience and presence might prove a problem for L2 players but that was quickly shown not to be the case. Definitely more a liability than an asset now.

Best Annan performance for months last night. Just disappointed that we didn't get a least a two goal cushion to go up the road on Saturday. StIll can't work out how Aiden didn't tuck away that chance in the last five minutes... A touch of "And Smith must score..."

Annan looked fired up as if they had been reading the pre-match comments from the Forfar faithful on here! Not one player let us down and particular stand out displays from Moxen (as usual), Swinglehurst, Johnston & Goss.

I know the tie is a far from over but from last night , nothing to fear.

BTW, Does Gary Harkins earn his living a bad Tyson Fury lookalikely ... certainly not a footballer!

I really enjoyed that the other night. Annan were obviously fired up and although either side could have taken the lead, Annan being ahead at half time felt deserved. I agree they could regret not getting a second though, especially in that spell in the 2nd half when they were on top for a good while. A couple of good saves and a shot off the post 

Credit to Forfar as well though, they came back into it well and had chances, Hooper and Swinglehurst forced into some big blocks. Both sides were treating it like a one legged cup tie towards the end, great entertainment.

I also thought the ball was out before Barnes got to it for Annan's goal, but on the highlights it's inconclusive, so I'll have to trust the linesman. As Forfar's twitter said, some "interesting" calls from the ref, but they went both ways. Harkins could've got a straight red, and at least one further booking, so he was lucky to leave the pitch when the manager decided rather than the ref.

Could be a cracker at Station Park, but I'll take a stodgy 1-1

Judging by the second half on Tuesday where Annan sat back and the fact we pumped them last month, I reckon they’ll try sit back and hold on to their lead. That could work in our favour as we saw in the battering or it could be like we’ve seen so many times this season and we’ll struggle to break them down. I think we will do it but I’m beyond nervous.