Play-off Semi Final - Annan v Forfar / Forfar v Annan

Annan definitely need to improve on there current form.
Previous results between the two teams must make Forfar favourites.
But I’m reasonably confident Annan can win promotion.

32 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
42 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:
7 beers said it. A loons alday. 

I'd love to be 7 beers deep right now. You able to get the stream out there Slippy?

Nae, only have my dream tonight, then wake up as a winner. 

On 02/05/2022 at 20:55, Loon From Outta Toon said:

I’m not too sure this is going to be as straightforward as some fans think.

Annan are in the play offs on merit, it’s no fluke.

taking nothing for granted here.

Point proven.

Hopefully take the spoils back at station park!

1-0’s not the worst score line to come away from Annan with.

A better performance from Annan that’s as good as they’ve played for a few weeks! At least now we’ve realised Forfar are only human and a lot of confidence gained from tonight’s game. Forfar kept in game second half by a couple of good saves by your keeper. Thought Harkins could well have been sent off for repeated fouls! See you Saturday guys!,

28 minutes ago, Solway Star said:

A better performance from Annan that’s as good as they’ve played for a few weeks! At least now we’ve realised Forfar are only human and a lot of confidence gained from tonight’s game. Forfar kept in game second half by a couple of good saves by your keeper. Thought Harkins could well have been sent off for repeated fouls! See you Saturday guys!,

f**k off, i

t's now -5.00 in morning i'm seething. but aye have a safe drive on Sat, more the better too the loons win 3-0

That was abysmal, the manager needs to hold his hands up a admit he got it wrong. Our only tactic was punt to Matty who barely won a thing, and on the rare occasion he did there was nobody to pick it up.

I really don't get the formation change, it saw us lose the midfield battle and having just 2 in there when 1 is Gary Harkins was madness, he can't move, his only option is fouling and on another day he could've been sent off. Warnock comes into the team and looks great on the right, yet today he's out on the left and it didn't suit him. He looked good for the 5 minutes he got on the right. I am at a complete loss as to how Brindley starts ahead of Strachan, he's not a left back and he was beaten so much tonight. Without Strachan's delivery we have less attacking power, and we could've done with another option as we just didn't look like scoring all game.

Fair play to Annan, they has us sussed and won every 2nd ball when our hoofs didn't work, they always had players in the right place and seemed more switched on than us. Moxon had a great game, he controlled that midfield and Tommy Goss won so much in the air. The ball looked well out for the goal, but despite that I think we were lucky to only lose 1-0 with Annan hitting the post and forcing McCallum into a couple of decent stops. Marc is probably the only player I'd give pass marks too.

We can still win the tie, but we need to play some football. If we stick with a hoof to Matty as the tactic Annan will easily see us off

8 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

That was abysmal, the manager needs to hold his hands up a admit he got it wrong. Our only tactic was punt to Matty who barely won a thing, and on the rare occasion he did there was nobody to pick it up.

I really don't get the formation change, it saw us lose the midfield battle and having just 2 in there when 1 is Gary Harkins was madness, he can't move, his only option is fouling and on another day he could've been sent off. Warnock comes into the team and looks great on the right, yet today he's out on the left and it didn't suit him. He looked good for the 5 minutes he got on the right. I am at a complete loss as to how Brindley starts ahead of Strachan, he's not a left back and he was beaten so much tonight. Without Strachan's delivery we have less attacking power, and we could've done with another option as we just didn't look like scoring all game.

Fair play to Annan, they has us sussed and won every 2nd ball when our hoofs didn't work, they always had players in the right place and seemed more switched on than us. Moxon had a great game, he controlled that midfield and Tommy Goss won so much in the air. The ball looked well out for the goal, but despite that I think we were lucky to only lose 1-0 with Annan hitting the post and forcing McCallum into a couple of decent stops. Marc is probably the only player I'd give pass marks too.

We can still win the tie, but we need to play some football. If we stick with a hoof to Matty as the tactic Annan will easily see us off

Cheers for this update, missed the game due to work commitments.

seems a fair assessment, however it just screams of usual Gary Irvine tactics, he seems so tactically inept.

some of his selections this season have been totally baffling, echoing your comments, why change the system just to suit Harkins it’s bonkers.

also for me Strachan has to start.

Hopefully we’ll have a better performance against Annan at station  park.