Play-off Semi Final - Annan v Forfar / Forfar v Annan

Thoughts on this then? We've had the upper hand in league games, and Annan haven't been in great form, but I'm weary of going down there on Tuesday night and would expect them to be right fired up. Keep it tight and hopefully can be ahead or level in the tie going into Saturday.

Only downside is I can't get home on a Tuesday night from Annan on public transport so will need to be a drive.

After a spell of some dreadful performances, its been good to see Forfar stringing together some fine passing play and showing real determination. Unlucky not to score two or three yesterday but with all to play for I'd be hoping for more of the same come Tuesday but with a goal or two. Barring a disaster it should be some game on Saturday. 

I'm was going to start the threads as I have 100% record.....so be , we will win. Annan are fucking rank at the moment, and they willl not turn that round how much they try against the flow of light blue.

Shep with the winning goal.......4-0

Although we have the upper hand against Annan in the league, form & head to head go completely out the window in a play off game:

I do feel we are the better side, it just depends how we play on the day, performances have been below par since the turn of the year. 5-1 hammering of Annan aside.

However whenever I’ve seen Annan, albeit only against us, I haven’t been that impressed with them to be very honest.

3-1 Win to Forfar over the two legs.

Edited by Loon From Outta Toon

1 point between us over 36 games suggests the teams are pretty closely matched. A head to head of 10 points versus 1 and 11-3 in goals suggests otherwise. Have to admit I wanted us at home in midweek and worry the midweek trip may work against us but if we come back with a decent result would fancy us at home.

If the playoffs had started 6 weeks ago I would've been confident of an Annan win over two legs, but they've completely lost the momentum they had and their form has dropped off a cliff. Hopefully Annan get off to a bright start so I can get some of that confidence back.

I haven't seen much of League 1 this season so this may be misplaced optimism, but I think the winners of this tie will go up.

3 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

If the playoffs had started 6 weeks ago I would've been confident of an Annan win over two legs, but they've completely lost the momentum they had and their form has dropped off a cliff. Hopefully Annan get off to a bright start so I can get some of that confidence back.

I haven't seen much of League 1 this season so this may be misplaced optimism, but I think the winners of this tie will go up.

From what everyone has said (not just Forfar and Annan fans) the winner of this tie will go and beat either Edinburgh or Dumbarton. 

Aye this is going to be a tough one. Strangely feeling upbeat about our chances even coming off four defeats in a row. Think once we had clinched a play off spot holiday fever kicked in and we lost some of the hunger, which will hopefully be back tomorrow night.

Murphy had said in local paper that he would prefer to have the home leg midweek for travelling reasons so this suits us.

Would be happy with a draw and a narrow 1-0 win over the two legs and just hope we don't leave it as late as we did up at Clydebank !

Mon th Annan, Ca plane pour moi!!

I think we will win this one fairly comfortably in the end. A narrow 2-1 victory away at Galabank and a couple of goals at home and we’ll be off to the final. Pretty confident 

10 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

I’m not too sure this is going to be as straightforward as some fans think.

Annan are in the play offs on merit, it’s no fluke.

taking nothing for granted here.

Totally agree, this is like two cup ties, form goes out the window and previous results between the two mean nothing. 

At the end of the season the League table never lies and all 4 teams are there on merit ( strange way to describe Dumbarton's predicament mind you).

The 3 League 2 teams have all been faltering and inconsistent the last 6 weeks or so whereas Dumbarton have had some decent form.

If Annan are up for it tonight I think they can take a good lead up to Station Park on Saturday and go all the way.

29 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

At the end of the season the League table never lies and all 4 teams are there on merit ( strange way to describe Dumbarton's predicament mind you).

The 3 League 2 teams have all been faltering and inconsistent the last 6 weeks or so whereas Dumbarton have had some decent form.

If Annan are up for it tonight I think they can take a good lead up to Station Park on Saturday and go all the way.

Have a feeling Dumbarton will be too strong for all three of the League Two sides, as you say all three have been way too inconsistent. Would imagine all are just battling to be favourites for the drop next season too. 

For tonight if we can get a draw would be pretty happy as think we can see off most teams at home.