Playoff Semi Final - Mo v Diamonds

Can only add to what's said previously by adding it takes 2 teams to make an epic match.   Montrose will be on the floor tonight but over the season they have been excellent.   Over the 2 legs they found a way to stop our passing game and counter attacked very well.  I think the main difference for us over all this year and as showed today we have different ways of attacking now.  Some games we pass our way through teams some more direct running and as today long ball and winning the fick on or 2nd phase.   The team that started today would have been most peoples 1st choice with macdonald seen as more attacking than Watson.  Montrose had us beat and rather than viewing as a collapse by the mo it should be viewed as airdrie winning an epic game. 

46 minutes ago, Daddy Cheeze said:

Well that was 120 minutes of absolute carnage.

First half mo strolled it,soaked up airdries 'pressure' and dry slapped us with two crosses our defence collectively shat it from.

Second half mo sat back with  banks of four and five,which from three nil up is fair enough,and parked the bus.

Airdrie however decided to drag the bus into the carpark,pump it,burn it,and in extra time piss on its ashes and it was glorious.

Props to Jonny Afolabi bamming up the montrose bench and the baldy walloper twins after his sublime finish,cant wait to see that again on the highlights later,sum boi.

Best thing I've read in a long time. Winner 😂

I'm an Auchterarder lad, and by jings, what a difference a football match makes to a body's mood.

Getting the family's fish suppers earlier on, and the toun was host to Annan fans who were floating on air, and Montrosians who looked like they just wanted the ground to swallow them up.

On 04/05/2022 at 11:50, Stevo1968 said:

Flat is how I would describe our performance…

Need Watson back for Saturday as I’m just not seeing it with Macdonald.

thought the game just passed Agnew by in there any fair to say Montrose won the midfield battle.

if only we had a keeper that wasn’t petrified to come for crosses we’d maybe get out this league.

Came across this post...     Spot on

On 05/05/2022 at 10:41, Passionate said:

Like most fans my sphincter is going good style for he second leg,    I get the impression Montrose would walk over broken glass all the way home if they can get through this tie,  This is  is  Montroses cup final i get the feeling it is,   for Airdrie this  definitely has a semi final feel to it,     could this make a difference on the day....  Maybe s aye,  Maybes Naw...

this is could well come down to what's under the badge...

And the answer is fucking PLENTY

31 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Came across this post...     Spot on

Well some of it was true 😂 some difference when Agnew went off also!

At 2-0 on the day I seen no way of a comeback but this team just has that something special that I hope will get us over the line..

5 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

Well some of it was true 😂 some difference when Agnew went off also!

At 2-0 on the day I seen no way of a comeback but this team just has that something special that I hope will get us over the line..

My sinking feeling was at 1-3 but I did tel my mates we'd score 4 or even 5 at half time. Amazed looks at my idiocy but 6 was unexpected.

Holy shit! I've never experienced a game like that in over 50 years following the Mo and I don't think I ever will again.

Gutting to lose like that but it cant be denied that Airdrie deserved that with their attacking flair & never say die attitude & I honestly don't think any other team would have recovered form a three goal defecit.

Just wondered if any of the Airdrie posters on here were any of the fans who left early when Montrose scored their 3rd? Must be kicking themselves big time for missing that epic comeback.

For god sake dont trip up against the QP bores, & best of luck in the Championship if you get there.

The Mo always seem to come up with different ways of fkkn up playoffs but today was spectacular. Cruising it at half time .. at 3-1 we should’ve seen it out but gave away a pathetic gift straight away. From then on there was only one winner and Airdrie deserved to win overall. We bottled it. SP made some bad decisions today .. which is not like him. He got overly defensive and it cost us. Airdrie deserve to go up but I have feeling that QP will bore their way to the Championship. If it happens I’ll piss myself laughing at the fat and very angry arseholes sitting very close to our support. They really need to eat some salad.😂😂

Holy shit! I've never experienced a game like that in over 50 years following the Mo and I don't think I ever will again.
Gutting to lose like that but it cant be denied that Airdrie deserved that with their attacking flair & never say die attitude & I honestly don't think any other team would have recovered form a three goal defecit.
Just wondered if any of the Airdrie posters on here were any of the fans who left early when Montrose scored their 3rd? Must be kicking themselves big time for missing that epic comeback.
For god sake dont trip up against the QP bores, & best of luck in the Championship if you get there.

I left at the the 3rd goal by the time I got out I heard a cheer for airdries 2nd and went back in, so glad I did. A game I’ll never forget

9 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Took this game in as neutral. One of my better decisions!

Goes without saying that it was an incredible match. I always felt Airdrie had a big comeback in them .

Where can I find the highlights?

When ready they will be on Airdrie FC website. Usually up quickly but maybe lots of goals takes longer!

17 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Took this game in as neutral. One of my better decisions!

Goes without saying that it was an incredible match. I always felt Airdrie had a big comeback in them .

Where can I find the highlights?

As @Chapelhall chapsays, they’ll be up on the website this morning but keep an eye on the club’s twitter page too, they’ll post a link there whenever they’re ready. 

It took me ages to get to sleep last night. I kept laughing at the absolute nonsense we saw yesterday, particularly Afolabi turning into prime Olivier Giroud when he came on. What a game. 

11 minutes ago, Mr November said:

As @Chapelhall chapsays, they’ll be up on the website this morning but keep an eye on the club’s twitter page too, they’ll post a link there whenever they’re ready. 

It took me ages to get to sleep last night. I kept laughing at the absolute nonsense we saw yesterday, particularly Afolabi turning into prime Olivier Giroud when he came on. What a game. 

His introduction did seem to be pivotal, although as I said before throughout the game I always thought Airdrie had a comeback in them.

Credit due to Ian Murray for his use of subs during the game