Playoff Semi Final - Mo v Diamonds

Passed by Hampden during the week and had a wee look in. The new ground is certainly taking shape, even though the pitch isn't finished, i think that we should play the play off game there, rather than Firhill!

A wee swing in momentum here? Can Mo PSG/Man City it? Surely not.

Yes they feckin’ well did. Nice to see a Scottish club showing them continentals that we can do it too. Fair play.

Now, if Airdrie blow it against the dullest side ever to make the play offs, then I will not be pleased.

Just now, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Think you've mistaken us for Falkirk. ♦️😎

Nah. We shat E-v-e-r-y-t-h-I-n-g. You are not limiting us to the bed.

Just now, Glenmavis Diamond said:

😂 Lolkirk fans champing at the hit for us to lose. Round ye ♦️

Whit? Wee bit of a fantasist there my man. Feck off and enjoy the moment without wasting it on stuff you make up in your skull for reasons only you know why.

If Airdrie dont progress to the championship it’s a travesty.  Well played today, just a step too far for the Mo (again), we will get there eventually. What a difference SSP has made since his arrival.

From being chuffed to not playing Highland league, to being gutted about not being in the championship tells you everything. What a man, what a team he’s built. 

Just a ridiculous game. Showed our weaknesses but also showed a fighting spirit that's been lacking for years in Airdrie teams. Feel for Montrose, they've been so close now a few times in these semi-finals.

Fully expect the final to be two awful games of football as they always are against Queens Park, but if we can't win the play-offs this time given our form, and that we finished so far ahead of our opponents (which counts for nothing now, admittedly) I genuinely don't see how we ever will.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

5 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

If Airdrie dont progress to the championship it’s a travesty.  Well played today, just a step too far for the Mo (again), we will get there eventually. What a difference SSP has made since his arrival.

From being chuffed to not playing Highland league, to being gutted about not being in the championship tells you everything. What a man, what a team he’s built. 

Yeah, especially when you consider that four of the players who faced Brora on that fateful day seven years ago were on the park today.. 

Masson, Steeves, Watson and Webster.

9 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

That was your best chance unfortunately. Won’t make top 4 for next couple of seasons and then Petrie be Gayf bound