Playoff Semi Final - Mo v Diamonds

37 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Thinking of going to the game on Saturday. Would go in the Montrose end.

Is there cash turnstiles on the day, or do you need to buy tickets in advance?

All ticket and prices reduced. Here's the link,

https://www.airdriefc.com/2122-news/220502/prices-reduced-for-crunch-play-off-semi

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Thinking of going to the game on Saturday. Would go in the Montrose end.

Is there cash turnstiles on the day, or do you need to buy tickets in advance?

Advance tickets only.

£12, bargain!

Like most fans my sphincter is going good style for he second leg,    I get the impression Montrose would walk over broken glass all the way home if they can get through this tie,  This is  is  Montroses cup final i get the feeling it is,   for Airdrie this  definitely has a semi final feel to it,     could this make a difference on the day....  Maybe s aye,  Maybes Naw...

this is could well come down to what's under the badge...

37 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Like most fans my sphincter is going good style for he second leg,    I get the impression Montrose would walk over broken glass all the way home if they can get through this tie,  This is  is  Montroses cup final i get the feeling it is,   for Airdrie this  definitely has a semi final feel to it,     could this make a difference on the day....  Maybe s aye,  Maybes Naw...

this is could well come down to what's under the badge...

The manner of the goal we lost makes me worried and I concur with Ian Murray about fine margins in play off games. We will need to put in a near flawless display to go through.

I can see Airdrie really going for it after the defeat. It’s very unlikely that we can play that poorly twice in a row. 

Montrose will know that we’ll be right up for it and an early goal could very well send us on our way. 

I’m feeling very optimistic. We just need to turn up

Having seen both sides all season Airdrie are by some distance the best side we have played all year including Cove. Be very surprised is they don’t get through this tie and beat the Scum in the final 

10 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

As a side note, that's the first time I've been to Links Park, and its a cracking place to watch football.

Chips 'n' Things is also a fantastic chippy.

You are correct on both counts.  Hopefully it’s a great game tomorrow with Montrose winning through in the end. Pity both teams couldn’t go up tbf. 

33 minutes ago, Stevo1968 said:

Not got a feeling about tomorrow but hoping it’s just pre match nerves, 1-1 on the day for me.

We knew we were playing  Montrose weeks ago and was always going to be tight,   Plenty on here and face book taking the bravado pills,  This is a horrendous second leg,  one down to your bogey side after the first leg,  whatever happens , This is Match play at its very best....

Couple of stats we have never came back from a goal down to win a game this season...

we have never lost a game if we score first in the game this seas on...

personally I would like to see at least 2 changes.  Kerr to come back in at centre back,  Watson to return at right back,This should give us more of a presence at set pieces in a game I predict that will have very few chances...

Strap yourselves in, keep with the team and you never know....

23 minutes ago, Passionate said:

We knew we were playing  Montrose weeks ago and was always going to be tight,   Plenty on here and face book taking the bravado pills,  This is a horrendous second leg,  one down to your bogey side after the first leg,  whatever happens , This is Match play at its very best....

Couple of stats we have never came back from a goal down to win a game this season...

we have never lost a game if we score first in the game this seas on...

personally I would like to see at least 2 changes.  Kerr to come back in at centre back,  Watson to return at right back,This should give us more of a presence at set pieces in a game I predict that will have very few chances...

Strap yourselves in, keep with the team and you never know....

This one does give me the fear but I’m hopeful that a full 90 minutes and a few days to focus since Tuesday will help. I suppose we’ve came from behind to pick up points at Cove and Montrose this year, and looked more likely to go on to win those games too. I’ve always been confident going into these play-offs with the massive caveat that Montrose are the one team I always worry about us playing. 

I think tomorrow is the most anxious I’ve ever been ahead of an Airdrie game. I was pretty excited going into the Cove game but I’ve been struggling to get my mind off tomorrow since the trip home on Tuesday. I have faith in the team to do it, they‘ve shown how good they are this season on numerous occasions. A big crowd and an early goal like the Cove game would be ideal, just without the same ending!

I can see this going all the way. Extra time wouldn't surprise me. Hopefully big Aiden is fit to play centre of defence beside Dillo to let Cammy and Steeves back to their best positions. A healthy support travelling down tomorrow so should be a good atmosphere. 

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll take it with a nervy, battling draw.

Mon the Mo.

A bit of friendly local knowledge please. Getting the train down today but looks like the line between Queen St. And Airdrie is closed all day.

What is the best alternative station to go to on a different line followed by a short taxi ride to the stadium?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by PortyMo
Typo

48 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

A bit of friendly local knowledge please. Getting the train down today but looks like the line between Queen St. And Airdrie is closed all day.

What is the best alternative station to go to on a different line followed by a short taxi ride to the stadium?

Thanks in advance. 

That's a nightmare but probably via Waverley to Cumbernauld Greenfaulds and it would still be around £20 in a taxi from there to the stadium. I'd advise suitable lubrication for that trip.

Perhaps others would know better.

1 hour ago, PortyMo said:

Thanks in advance. 

Do you know where the closure is ? If its on the glasgow side surely you can get the train from Edinburgh to airdrie ? 

2 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Thanks in advance. 

I think your best bet unfortunately would be getting the Queen Street to Greenfaulds train then getting a taxi up. 

There is another train from Greenfaulds that goes to coatbridge Central which may save you a bit of Bob on a taxi fare but I don't think they are as frequent.

I notice the trains are cancelled from the Edinburgh end too which is a pain.

Edited by David Fernández