Playoff Semi Final - Mo v Diamonds

23 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Presumably tonight will be the biggest attendance of the season at Links Park? Will we see close to the 1500 mark?

Lower end of four figures I'd guess. QOS play off was around 900, Morton was significantly less for obvious reasons.

Hope more than expectation given the problems at CB about getting through this tie. We travel better than at home generally so not taking a lead isn't a disaster, but 0-2 down and beyond is probably fatal. Just hope the game itself is as good as the last one and not a nervy tiptoes affair.

Edited by Scorge

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Expecting a tough game, maybe less end to end than previous game. I don't want to have to chase the game in Airdrie. Having a player of the season might just be the tipping point for us with both well organized teams. Could be good travelling support and get there in time!

Few bus loads of you boys coming down?Mind and Behave lol

First visit to Links Park and it’ll probably be touch & go as to whether I make it before kick off since leaving work at 5 and going straight. Where’s best to park?
I genuinely think this is the toughest game of the whole play-offs and the winner of this game will probably be the victors overall. Hopefully we see all the usual faces return and make it as tough as possible for the home side.

You’ll get parked very close to the away gate, DD10 8QG for the sat nav and just dump the car somewhere close

A win would be magnificent but even avoiding defeat here to take it back to our place on the Saturday and I'll be happy enough. 

A narrow defeat wouldn't be a cause for panic, either, because Montrose don't seem built to rock up somewhere and defend a lead (rather like ourselves) so we'd still have a good chance. 

We've got it within us to win this tonight but we've enough defeats and draws versus Montrose under our belts, especially up there, to know we're in for a very difficult match. You'd expect that to be true over both legs. 

Difficult difficult lemon difficult. 

This will be my first venture up to Links, so I'm looking forward to it. On that basis, If we win, I'll obviously make claim to a handsome portion of the credit.

Please let this be the year, Airdrie. We're good enough. Hopefully we get the breaks. 

The only thing more appalling than the refereeing was our decision making in the final third. Maybe it just wasn't our night, incredibly frustrating. On to Saturday, not sure if my nerves can take it!

Montrose played well first half and could/should of maybe been 2-0 going into the break.Second half Airdrie came more into the game and probably shaded it.We have a lead going into Saturday but by no means is this tie over.

Too many shots not hitting the target. Too many final passes not finding their man. Too many crosses too close to the keeper. I think 1-0 Montrose is a fair result, but I also think we’re capable of salvaging something at home. When we switched from 433 to 4231 we looked a lot better and I’d like to see us get an extra man in the middle of the park and focus a bit more on keeping the ball on the deck in the second leg.

Great to get the win but we conceded a hell of a lot of chances. Defence stood firm though. Dillon was immense, Whatley and Cameron were good in midfield and CJ was his usual non stop self up top. 

Saturday will be even tougher, could well be a nail biter! 

2 minutes ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Too many shots not hitting the target. Too many final passes not finding their man. Too many crosses too close to the keeper. I think 1-0 Montrose is a fair result, but I also think we’re capable of salvaging something at home. When we switched from 433 to 4231 we looked a lot better and I’d like to see us get an extra man in the middle of the park and focus a bit more on keeping the ball on the deck in the second leg.

This game could come down to set pieces,  I would  play Kerr at centre half and push McCabe further forward and get  G McGill to f**k,  headless chicken,     we lose the first goal on Saturday and it's Goodnight Vienna.....

Will happily take that outcome. Not sure how Airdrie didn't take one of their several chances but glad they didn't. First 30 minutes they looked half asleep but got on top of the game by the end. Fear now is that they can't be quite as shite in front of goal two games in a row. Very gutsy stuff from us, and delighted tonight, but will be a quivering wreck at 3pm Saturday, probably.