Buddies v Duddies 7th May 2022

40 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
Mark McGhee meanwhile might stick his heating off. Sooner we are officially down, sooner he's gone and we can start preparing for next season.

We're gonna win our next two matches and get relegated anyway. It's the Dundee way.

4 minutes ago, JockysJetpack said:

Clingo! Cheers

I actually thought we had an away fans window at the away end near the airdome where you could walk up and physically buy your ticket ‘right up to kick off’. I knew there wasn’t old-school PATG where you handed cash to a turnstile operator (those days are gone). However, I didn’t post that because I didn’t see it on that club link I posted, so didn’t want to mislead. Maybe any Saints fans reading this could confirm or deny?

I’d have thought it would be in Dundee United’s interests to hope a weak Dundee stay up. Keep the derbies, the banter with mates in the city going, big games with decent crowds and some atmosphere. Cannot understand any Arab fan wanting Dundee replaced with Killie, Arbroath or the Teuchters.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’d have thought it would be in Dundee United’s interests to hope a weak Dundee stay up. Keep the derbies, the banter with mates in the city going, big games with decent crowds and some atmosphere. Cannot understand any Arab fan wanting Dundee replaced with Killie, Arbroath or the Teuchters.

FTD.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

FTD.

Not better to be able to ‘F’ them on the field in front of 7,000 plus though? Rather sit and watch ICTs three men and a dug? I just don’t get that. Not at all.

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not better to be able to ‘F’ them on the field in front of 7,000 plus though? Rather sit and watch ICTs three men and a dug? I just don’t get that. Not at all.

Nope, I want to see them go down and wallow in the lower leagues for an indeterminable period of time.  TBF I speak only for myself.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Nope, I want to see them go down and wallow in the lower leagues for an indeterminable period of time.  TBF I speak only for myself.

Fair do’s. Obviously I’m just about to head off hoping to see a home win which will be perfect for what I want today, and what you want. However, this is St Mirren, so I expect nothing, demand nothing, and predict nothing. 🤐

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Only because you can remember DU's decades as a lower league club before Jerry Kerr became manager. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

28 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Out of curiosity, would you want Morton up for a similar reason?

I'm actually contemplating being happy with a defeat today just to ensure the McGhee experiment is over as quickly as possible and we can start the rebuild. 

The b*****ds better not get my hopes up that we've got a chance of staying up only to dash it later on when I've accepted we've been down for months.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I just want 3 draws and McGhee to bugger off with a winless record. I feel that's an acceptable wish.

Surely, like McIntyre before him, we'll announce his departure as soon as we are officially down?