Buddies v Duddies 7th May 2022

22 hours ago, Torfason said:

He looks like one of those players you see in a veteran game and you think bloody hell, he’s let himself go since he stopped playing.

I look fitter than he does (and I am the same age as him), and the most strenuous exercise I do is walking 10 minutes to the shops

Just now, senorsoupe said:

I look fitter than he does (and I am the same age as him), and the most strenuous exercise I do is walking 10 minutes to the shops

So how do you get back home ?

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Saw this story on the BBC website about the administration surrounding RS McColl stores. He’s Charlie Adam’s grandad, surely.

6D832AEF-EED3-47DA-BD90-120C567BE81A.jpeg

I guess it would make sense, maybe the free sweets is the reason for his waistline.

Missed the game as I was out of the country, but wow, we weren't brilliant but we were a huge kick in the arse better than we've been in recent weeks. That said, we've played both Dundee and St Johnstone, and it's blindingly obvious why both teams are where they are. I'll side step the Adam discussion, I'm sure it's been done to death by now, but my take is that he was finished last season and he's not convinced me to change that opinion over this season.

The biggest feeling I come away with was one of futility. Not for my team but for the appointment of McGhee. Again, I'm sure discussed in length already, but this sort of game (and performance) just makes you wonder why. If you wanted to crash and burn you could have done that under McPake, McGhee has done worse than I think McPake would have done - although that is a case of bald men arguing over a comb.