Buddies v Duddies 7th May 2022

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The most mystifying thing here is how we shipped four points to this absolute rabble. Shows how poor we were at times under Goodwin.

For the Dundee fans saying Adam can GTF, it's worth bearing in mind that he'll still absolutely stroll the Championship. Stephen McGinn was finished at this level but has just won another title. I'd be trying to keep him if he's up for the challenge.

Probably because that rabble wasn't managed by Mark McGhee would have played a part!

It might still have been a rabble, but it was a rabble with a bit of fight in it.

Curtis Main 
top man
We can build our side around him next season 
I'd be hedging my bets on that one. Good to see him finally put a shift in for 2 games but the effort needs to continue for longer.

Aside from the first 5 minutes of the second half Saints absolutely strolled that.  

Absolutely woeful refereeing performance.  Thankfully didn’t impact the result but got more wrong than he got right. 

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Out of curiosity, would you want Morton up for a similar reason?

Yes, definitely. Personally I’d like nothing more than for Morton to somehow get up to the top flight, and to see top flight Renfrewshire derbies. They’re feckin’ hopeless though, so I don’t hold out much hope. I have nothing against Morton at all. Their supporters stick by them and don’t go to the ugly sisters in Glasgow.

Edited by pozbaird

Gogic MoTM for me, but no failures in our team at all. None. Thought Erhahon was excellent. Main’s goal came from Erhahon fighting to win the ball back after an initial stray pass from him. I thought the lad had a great game. As did Greive, Main, and Tait. Excellent all round from St Mirren today.

Edited by pozbaird

22 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Thanks for your best efforts @Jacksgranda with the thread. Apparently there's no stopping Mark McGhee, however you knew that anyway, as did we.

See you in 14 months hopefully.

Regards 

^^^ wants Aberdeen relegated.  Could happen I suppose.

Really enjoyed that today. We were at it for most of the 90 minutes and never really looked in much danger of anything but a win.

Fair play to the Dundee fans that applauded Tony Fitzpatrick at half time- a nice touch from them.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

For the Dundee fans saying Adam can GTF, it's worth bearing in mind that he'll still absolutely stroll the Championship. Stephen McGinn was finished at this level but has just won another title. I'd be trying to keep him if he's up for the challenge.

Not a chance Charlie Adam is strolling anything next season. Here’s a photo of him from today. He’s done. Overweight and done. I take no pleasure from saying that, he did us a right good turn back in the day.

FAA5B3B7-526E-4657-B550-82DC876AE54F.jpeg

7 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

You're a poet and you don't even know it.

Here comes Charlie Adam,

He duffed it across the box,

The only thing that isnae’ fat,

Are his feet inside his socks.

24 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not a chance Charlie Adam is strolling anything next season. Here’s a photo of him from today. He’s done. Overweight and done. I take no pleasure from saying that, he did us a right good turn back in the day.

FAA5B3B7-526E-4657-B550-82DC876AE54F.jpeg

He looks like one of those players you see in a veteran game and you think bloody hell, he’s let himself go since he stopped playing.

Edited by Torfason

4 minutes ago, Torfason said:

He looks like one of those players you see in a veteran game and you think bloody hell, he’s let himself go since he stopped playing.

Looks like Charlie and Lee Griffiths are having a fatoff (nothing to do with losing weight).