Jobber of the Season

Been a few players who had success after Inverness, albeit not at the same level/at a lower level:

Barry Wilson

Stuart Golabek

Paul Sheerin

Davide Xausa

Barry Robson

Bobby Mann

David Bingham

Liam Fox

Darren Dods

Ian Black

Rory McAllister

John Rankin

Don Cowie

Marius Niculae

Dougie Imrie

Adam Rooney

Johnny Hayes

Andy Shinnie

Graeme Shinnie

Billy McKay

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Yeah. It’s probably not the easiest term to directly translate from its original source (wrestling) where it literally means someone whose purpose is to lose matches to better wrestlers, ie. do the job. But I don’t think it works if you just pick the absolute worst player in your team; because they’re not doing any kind of job. They’re just shite.

For example, Ciaren McKenna would be a far better fit for Thistle than someone like MacIver or Alegria, who just aren’t good enough.

Joe Chalmers seems a perfect fit, tbf.

Aye close the thread, the correct answer is Joe Chalmers. Congratulations big man. 👏 

What was said to Foster last night? I imagine it was a critique of his performance that he did not agree with...
I was very close by but can't be certain of what was said. If it was what I think I heard then it was relatively innocuous, the sort of thing ever player will get a few times a season and someone of Foster's calibre a few times a game.

I think it was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. He had what looked to be a terrible tackle in the first half in front of the Ayr fans, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting plenty of abuse from them.

He is a very angry man though.

Tiffoney's reaction is quite amusing but in general he looked like he didn't want to be there which is slightly worrying.

I'm beginning to think these playoffs might not be in the bag after all...

17 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Worst individual performance I witnessed this season was from the full-back Accies had on loan from Wolves. Tiffoney nearly ended his career in the 6-1 game.

Luke Matheson, truly awful. Loan ended early and he got sent out to Scunthorpe, who've been relegated from league two, worst team in the EFL - and he ended up getting benched there. Worst full back I've ever seen. 

This season has been our worst in my living memory in terms of performances, so accies have plenty. 

Luke Matheson was truly shite. Ryan Fulton is a close contender. But in terms of sheer gutlessness and unwillingness to actually impact a game, it's got to be Miko Virtanen. I was excited when we signed him but I just don't know what he does. Is he a ball winner, a number 6, an 8, or a playmaker? Either way, he's shite. 

Also Josh Mullin was hyped up by Livi fans when he came in and genuinely has been dreadful. But at least he's positively impacted at least one game, unlike Virtanen. 

58 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I was very close by but can't be certain of what was said. If it was what I think I heard then it was relatively innocuous, the sort of thing ever player will get a few times a season and someone of Foster's calibre a few times a game.

I think it was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. He had what looked to be a terrible tackle in the first half in front of the Ayr fans, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting plenty of abuse from them.

He is a very angry man though.

Tiffoney's reaction is quite amusing but in general he looked like he didn't want to be there which is slightly worrying.

I'm beginning to think these playoffs might not be in the bag after all...

Yeah I’d agree with that. Given you’re the worst team in them.

12 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Ricky Foster, on balance, has made a contribution. His HT meltdown against Ayr was, given his experience, utterly bizarre.

It seems that age has caught up with him and he's struggling to come to terms with it. Retirement beckons....

For me a jobber is a guy who has been about for ages and should have packed it in by now. He was never great to start with, now he’s mid-30s and done. Foster fits the bill.

B818E0E4-9856-45E9-B309-7E2726960739.gif

In a sea of mediocrity I'd go for Richard "Fozzy" Foster. Just about got away with the first half of the season with some decent performances but has been missing or just shite since December/ January.
My highlight of the summer will be watching Falkirk and Dunfermline fighting over his signing.
Has lost the rag a few times and his petulance reached a new nadir last night.
106279594_ScrappyDoo.gif.f163420f83f5b829d41824e842480aca.gif

This is simply one of the best meltdowns ever. I’d love to hear what was being said. Superb stuff [emoji23]

Yeah I’d agree with that. Given you’re the worst team in them.
Well yes, that's quite obvious.

This is simply one of the best meltdowns ever. I’d love to hear what was being said. Superb stuff [emoji23]
Foster shouted "shut the f**k up" rather loudly as he stormed over.

Jobber management team without any doubt is David Hopkin and Jim Duffy. The worst of all possible combinations. It is a total miracle we did not end up bottom. Or rather thankfully Queens and Dumfy were even more shite.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

What was said to Foster last night? I imagine it was a critique of his performance that he did not agree with...

I only caught a few minutes of Sportscene last night, but I see he was one of the two talking heids. Don't know if anything was said to him onscreen about Friday, I doubt it,, but I bet Micky Stewart took the, err, mickey off camera - and I bet Foster just took it like a lamb.

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

For me a jobber is a guy who has been about for ages and should have packed it in by now. He was never great to start with, now he’s mid-30s and done. Foster fits the bill.

B818E0E4-9856-45E9-B309-7E2726960739.gif

Steven Bell fits that definition He sorted our woeful defence in League One but has been out injured for most of this season. 

At 36, McCall should not have given him a new deal but probably felt that he owed him one.

We've struggled to fill the bench this year, even with youth players, so it was sentimental and costly decision.