Jobber of the Season

4 hours ago, jagfox said:

I might be mixing my P&B semantics but I always see a jobber as someone going through the motions or just crossed the line of being effective if at the arse end of their career. For Pars I'd likely go for Dorrans. Just done in after too many seasons in the game and contributing not much when he's even fit.

Ah, I had it as just your worst player. 

Dorrans has been dissapointing, and the amount spend on his wages hasn't matched his output, however he hasn't been awful. Whereas Graham was really, really, really bad. All credit to him if he's picked it up for United, Scott McKenna had a bad loan spell for Ayr and he's had a good career. 

Doesn't take away from the undeniable fact that Graham was absolutely howling though. 

Genuinely struggling to think of more than a handful of players who have been good at Inverness and then gone on to success elsewhere (apart from Ross County, which doesn't count). Hayes, Christie and Shinnie, and I'll just about give you Marley Watkins.

We’re a ‘purple patch’ club. Someone fairly average has a good 2 months in their 2nd or 3rd season with us and someone with more money signs them and they revert to type with their new club.

Some recent examples being Nikolay Todorov and Dan Mackay.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Genuinely struggling to think of more than a handful of players who have been good at Inverness and then gone on to success elsewhere (apart from Ross County, which doesn't count). Hayes, Christie and Shinnie, and I'll just about give you Marley Watkins.

Rooney at St Johnstone?

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

McCart and Rooney surely?

We had Gregory Tade too but no idea how he was for ICT.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He's a good shout, but he wasn't ever a big name star for Inverness as far as I can remember. I thought he was fantastic but I remember being laughed at for that view.

In his first season with us he was a bit of a bombsare, in his second he was unplayable at times, the first name on team sheet every week.

5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

We've had a few this season, e.g. Shea Gordon and Ross Maciver who were punted out on loan.

Kyle MacAllister and Juan Algeria were signed in January and have contributed next to f**k all.

But my vote goes to Connor Murray.

What about Ricky Foster? He seems to meet the requirements.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

So many people not getting what the term 'jobber' means.

Yeah. It’s probably not the easiest term to directly translate from its original source (wrestling) where it literally means someone whose purpose is to lose matches to better wrestlers, ie. do the job. But I don’t think it works if you just pick the absolute worst player in your team; because they’re not doing any kind of job. They’re just shite.

For example, Ciaren McKenna would be a far better fit for Thistle than someone like MacIver or Alegria, who just aren’t good enough.

Joe Chalmers seems a perfect fit, tbf.

45 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What about Ricky Foster? He seems to meet the requirements.

Ricky Foster, on balance, has made a contribution. His HT meltdown against Ayr was, given his experience, utterly bizarre.

It seems that age has caught up with him and he's struggling to come to terms with it. Retirement beckons....

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Adam Rooney and Andy Shinnie probably fall on the right side of success post ICT but it's certainly not a massive list.