Queen's Park vs Dunfermline/Dunfermline vs Queen's Park

On 30/04/2022 at 10:38, 19QOS19 said:

You poor b*****d.

Dunfermline win please. For selfish reasons I hope they stay up.

I get the logic of that from a Queens perspective, but I still kind of hope they do, if only for the comedy value.  It might also give us a couple of bigger games next season.

I can't see us coming up via a route other than the play-offs anyway, so although another big club makes that less likely, it's not as if their presence is likely to impact much on our chances of the title.

Mainly though, it's the comedy value, which it's a mistake to undervalue.

I see that Airdrie have announced the prices for their home tie against Montrose as £12 and £5.

Montrose are charging £15 and £8, with under 12s for £5. Parent and child ticket is £18.

Queens Park are charging £15 and £10, with under 15s being £5.

Our greedy lot are going with £20 and £14, with under 12s being £6. Add £2 to each of those for the main stand.

I see that Airdrie have announced the prices for their home tie against Montrose as £12 and £5.
Montrose are charging £15 and £8, with under 12s for £5. Parent and child ticket is £18.
Queens Park are charging £15 and £10, with under 15s being £5.

Our greedy lot are going with £20 and £14, with under 12s being £6. Add £2 to each of those for the main stand.

I don’t know why they don’t at least offer half price tickets to existing season ticket holders or even offer tickets for those who renew their season ticket (I understand that may be difficult not knowing what l league they will be playing in next season)

They should really be reduced the prices and trying to encourage as big a crowd as possible at the games.

It’s cheaper for me to take my son to Hampden to see Scotland play than it is to go along to East End.

Aye, the prices are a shocker and have been widely met with derision and disgust from our fanbase.

If we get to the final you'd hope the club would drop the prices, but doubt they would.

Hoping to get along to this as a neutral with my pal. Honestly not sure what to expect given the pessimistic nature of the Pars fans, I can understand why though given we were in a similar position last year.

Nothing to lose for us. No expectation and Dunfermline have it all to lose. First goal will be crucial for the while tie. We react horrendously to losing goals and I’m not sure a could see us coming back from being behind. On the other hand, if we take the lead, the Dunfermline players might start to feel the heat. Fans on their back etc.

Keep the tie alive for Saturday has to be the aim. We’ve had the better of Cove Rangers this season and I doubt the gap between them and Dunfermline is huge. There’s also evidence that Dunfermline can be a decent side as well, though. Watched them blow Thistle away in one of the live games and it left me wondering how they’ve ended up in the nick they’re in.

Heart says we can get through it if we turn up and things go our way. Head says Dunfermline will probably get through it comfortably. 

Just about the only advantage we as a club can control would be the home crowd for this game. It should've been reduced to maximum £10 to get in, have home fans take over the North Stand & (sorry QP fans) fire them into the top LH corner of the Cowdenbeath end. Every other team tries to use the home crowd to their advantage.

Instead, we charge full price. We'll be lucky if there's 2000 at the game on Saturday. Our BOD really don't have a fucking clue.  

Absolutely no danger that the collapse against QotS will affect the crowd as well. If we'd go into this on the back of a win I think we'd all be feeling a more optimistic. Instead, the squad showed that they're a bunch of fucking shitebags with a pathetic collective mentality, with few exceptions. 

Shouldn't the captain be a role model for the rest and fire them up? I never saw Lawless do that, much rather have Donaldson as captain. 

On 30/04/2022 at 11:50, parsforlife said:

Nope, This is nothing to do with queens park, nothing to do with the spfl or anyone else,  this is our board and our board only choosing to take as much as they can off the fans.

Ach! It’s always the same when a big Glasgow team comes out to the provinces. 

45 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Just about the only advantage we as a club can control would be the home crowd for this game. It should've been reduced to maximum £10 to get in, have home fans take over the North Stand & (sorry QP fans) fire them into the top LH corner of the Cowdenbeath end. Every other team tries to use the home crowd to their advantage.

Instead, we charge full price. We'll be lucky if there's 2000 at the game on Saturday. Our BOD really don't have a fucking clue.  

According to Dunfermline website the ticket prices fir Saturday have been reduced to match Wednesday's prices.

Fair play to your board for taking on board the criticism they received and reducing prices.

13 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

According to Dunfermline website the ticket prices fir Saturday have been reduced to match Wednesday's prices.

Fair play to your board for taking on board the criticism they received and reducing prices.

Just noticed that. It's a small gesture but it's noted & appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Shouldn't the captain be a role model for the rest and fire them up? I never saw Lawless do that, much rather have Donaldson as captain. 

This. I like Lawless as a player, think he tries and his footballing brain is miles better than most other players which is a problem as they're standing still when he's looking for movement. However, I've seen little to nothing so far that confirms he should be captain.

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

f**k them for lying. 

When we were last in the playoffs the ticket prices were reduced for them, (from £18 to £15). Why fucking lie? Why not just admit you made a mistake and here's what you're doing to rectify it? 

The board must think the fans are either mugs, or idiots. They're totally incapable of fronting upto there mistakes. 

I wasn't going to the home leg with it being £20 it would have been the first home game other than Abroath that I have missed. Glad to see it's come down in price but still think it should have been £5 for season ticket holders and £10 for adults regardless of the stand.

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

f**k them for lying. 

When we were last in the playoffs the ticket prices were reduced for them, (from £18 to £15). Why fucking lie? Why not just admit you made a mistake and here's what you're doing to rectify it? 

The board must think the fans are either mugs, or idiots. They're totally incapable of fronting upto there mistakes. 

It's a huffy wee statement that doesn't apologise or admit they got wrong. The bizarre lie just makes it worse. 

If we get to the final, will they try it again? They say the prices are consistent with those at Firhill. What if we get to the final and play Airdrie, and they charge £18 or £20? Will the club do the same and just claim they are being 'consistent'?

I suspect the club have missed their budget figure for the season by a considerable margin and are trying to recoup losses as much as possible. They surely didn't budget for 9th place. They surely didn't budget on having to punt a manager before November. Did they budget on a silly number of signings too? Doubt they would have budgeted for the winter games without fans either. Season ticket sales will have been down a lot due to the Grant appointment. If they were stupid enough to budget for the Scottish Cup then I don't think an immediate exit was in the plans, likewise with the Challenge Cup. The League Cup game with Sevco could have been a bonus mind, so might have mitigated some losses.

Will be interesting to see the accounts for this season once they're released.

Edited by DA Baracus

12 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

f**k them for lying. 

Maybe you could email the club to get some further feedback? It sounds like they're responding to people? Would be good to understand why they posted this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Maybe you could email the club to get some further feedback? It sounds like they're responding to people? Would be good to understand why they posted this nonsense.

I emailed earlier asking about the £20, I'll be sending another asking about the blatent lies.