Queen's Park vs Dunfermline/Dunfermline vs Queen's Park

6 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I don't know, Peterhead must have ran them close. 3 reds in the end wasn't it?

By the end of the first half. 

That Forfar game was absolutely fantastic. 

34 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I don't know, Peterhead must have ran them close. 3 reds in the end wasn't it?

Aye, I thought of that game, but I wasn't at it and also it was just a league game.

Plus, Forfar scored early at East End, making it 4-1 on aggregate at the time. They also had 3 men sent off and Dick Campbell was sent to the stand.

Not sure what to wish for here (from a QOS perspective) ... On the one hand we could do without another Falkirk-sized club in L1 next season with the budget the Pars would have.  Then again, Q Park will also have a "billy big bucks" budget which will probably match that of the Pars.  On balance, I'm guessing that deep down I'm hoping for the Pars to come all the way through the play-offs and stay in the Championship.  Purely for selfish reasons of course.

11 hours ago, foreverarover said:
20 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:
That's mindblowing tbh because I thought both sides looked dreadful and the game was teeth-achingly boring.

Went as a neutral as I live nearby. I think the pitch can take some blame but it was woeful watching. Pars on a decent pitch should, should have enough at East End Pk. I was expecting far more than what I saw from Queens Pk.

What exactly were you “expecting far more” of from a team that finished 4th in league one, won 11 games and drew 18? 

20 minutes ago, lavvyheid said:

Was wondering  where to go for a pint before the game on Saturday  - remember last time we were at East End Park and going to your social club  is it still open?

Legends should be open at the ground - even if they claim it's home fans only you'll have a black and white scarf anyway!

I'd personally just head into the town centre though.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Just looked at the ticketing site and sales must be the lowest they’ve been in a long time. Bit of a shame, but not a surprise. Would imagine there’ll be a decent number of sales in the next 26 hours, but given how busy it was last Friday, it’s a shame we’re unlikely to get even half of that number of fans there for this one.

I do genuinely believe that if the team hadn’t put in such an inept performance vs QoS, more people would have been keen to go tomorrow. However, many of them will no doubt only go to the final (if we make it), rather than waste their money on this game.

Our full playoff record:

• 1995, Scottish Premier Division playoff:

Aberdeen 3-1 Pars
Pars 1-3 Aberdeen

• 2013, Scottish Championship playoffs semi-final:

Forfar Athletic 3-1 Pars
Pars 6-1 (a.e.t.) Forfar Athletic

• 2013, Scottish Championship playoffs final:

Alloa Athletic 3-0 Pars
Pars 1-0 Alloa Athletic

• 2014, Scottish Championship playoffs semi-final:

Stranraer 2-1 Pars
Pars 3-0 (a.e.t.) Stranraer

• 2014, Scottish Championship playoffs final:

Cowdenbeath 1-1 Pars
Pars 0-3 Cowdenbeath

• 2018 Scottish Premiership playoffs quarter final:

Pars 0-0 Dundee United
Dundee United 2-1 Pars

• 2021 Scottish Premiership playoffs quarter final:

Pars 0-0 Raith Rovers
Raith Rovers 2-0 Pars

• 2022 Scottish Championship playoffs semi-final:

Queen’s Park 0-0 Pars

So that’s 14 games.
  • 3 wins.
  • 4 draws.
  • 8 defeats.
  • 23 goals against.
  • 16 goals for.
  • -7 goal difference.

So we’ve never won the first leg of a playoff tie and anytime we’ve drawn the first leg, we’ve lost the second leg? This is really promising…

53 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

So we’ve never won the first leg of a playoff tie and anytime we’ve drawn the first leg, we’ve lost the second leg? This is really promising…

Great, isn’t it?!

We were supposed to be in a playoff in 2000, as the SPL was expanding to 12 teams.

Instead, because of the shite stadium criteria, Falkirk were told to bolt and we just went up with St Mirren, with no relegation from the SPL. Pretty outrageous that no one was relegated.

As it was, Aberdeen were bottom of the SPL. The idea was that us (2nd in the First Division), Aberdeen and Falkirk (they finished 3rd in the First Division) would all play each other in a 3 team mini league. The two best placed teams would go the SPL and the last placed team the First Division. Not sure if the games were to be 2 legs or not, and if not, who got home advantage.

Wonder how we would have done? We drew 3 times with Falkirk that season and won the other. We only finished 3 points ahead of them in the league. Aberdeen finished 4 points behind 9th with a -39 goal difference. They’d also been pumped in the Scottish Cup Final, 4-0 vs old, dead Rangers (Jim Leighton’s final game; he was knocked out in the 2nd minute and had to be subbed. Aberdeen had no sub goalie on the bench, so Robbie Winters went in goals. Was actually only 0-1 at half time!. Two current SPFL managers scored in that game).

15 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I bought my ticket last night and couldn't believe how empty it was looking. I mean we've been pish but this is a big game, I think the defeat to QoS last week really burst the bubble with the fans.

The nonsense with the ticket prices hasn't helped (think lots of folk were pissed off and just won't bother, even though they've been put down; plus, it's still not cheap!) and Wednesday night hasn't helped either.

The club need to wake up.

Edited by DA Baracus

Dan Pubes back tomorrow, so he and Dorrans should mean one of Chalmers/Polwarth not playing.

That must be a positive. Unfortunately I can't see it being Chalmers. Hughes will never accept that he totally fuckd up by signing that streak of pish and paying a fee for him.

Edited by Chubbychops

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

By the end of the first half. 

That Forfar game was absolutely fantastic. 

My Dad missed that game and it took me about 10 minutes when I called him afterwards to convince him I wasn't bullshitting about the final score and the events of the game.

31 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Dan Pubes back tomorrow, so he and Dorrans should mean one of Chalmers/Polwarth not playing.

That must be a positive. Unfortunately I can't see it being Chalmers. Hughes will never accept that he totally fuckd up by signing that streak of pish and paying a fee for him.

Unless Dorrans is injured...

46 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Wouldn't put it past him dropping Dow and playing them all as a four with Chalmers on the left and Polworth on the right. 

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Legends should be open at the ground - even if they claim it's home fans only you'll have a black and white scarf anyway!

I've literally never realised Legends is supposed to be home fans only, which I suppose only goes to show that a black and white scarf is all it takes.

It's a stupid rule anyway. Most fans should be made more than welcome to come in for a pint and throw a few extra quid into the club. 

Used to enjoy having a pint and talking with opposition fans before away games in various places.