Queen's Park vs Dunfermline/Dunfermline vs Queen's Park

6 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Look at the reaction of the Pars players to the red card. They couldn't give a single f**k.

I'd be going mental at the ref if one of my teammates was sent off for that in the first game of the season, never mind in a game that we had to win to avoid relegation. 

If I remember correctly it was the same with our goal cam footage in our 5-0 win over them earlier in the season too. Not a peep out of anyone after any goal, not even the customary pointing fingers and blaming people for your mistake. Just stood there and accepted it. 

No real surprise to me that this group of players bottled the playoffs. 

I would assume the red card was given because both Ambrose's feet were off the ground when he dived in. The simplistic approach used by many referees is both feet off the ground = no control of the tackle = endangering the safety of an opponent, a red card offence. It's not always accurate and probably wasn't there, but it's a more likely basis than denying a clear goalscoring opportunity. 

Referees do not use a "simplistic approach" to potentially game changing decisions, and there's no way that was serious foul play.

Yeah, no chance that was a red card.

Doesn't change my mind that we deserve relegation, though. QP were hardly an overwhelming force but we just went into our shell and hoped for the best. It was the gameplan of a coward and I'd rather we didn't have a coward in the dugout next season.

What a feeling yesterday was. I’ve quite rightly been critical of this side for large parts of the season, most notably for their lack of fight and determination but you couldn’t fault anyone to a man. We had to suffer in the first half and it felt as though Dunfermline had an extra man in midfield constantly. Thankfully they were totally powderpuff in front of goal and we were able to stabilise more in the 2nd half. 

Im not going to be naive and deny that the red card was instrumental on this result. Looking back at the highlights, Murray does seem to make the most of it but it’s silly for a guy of Ambrose’ experience to be so clumsy and give the ref a decision to make. 

The game did highlight how effective a fit Simon Murray can be. Yes he’s awkward and not the most graceful on the ball but his sheer enthusiasm and determination to be a pest on the pitch is such an underrated quality particularly at this level. He occupies defenders and won the game for us. Delighted for him 

The quality of the game was still incredibly low for the vast majority and I’d imagine Airdrie won’t be anywhere near as toothless but I’ll worry about Thursday when it comes. I’ll give man of the match to Tommy Robson who produced yet another terrific display. Defensively he’s came on leaps and bounds and he’s became more composed going forward. Special mention to Ferrie who made an incredible save 1st half alongside another immediately after scoring(shock). 

Dunfermline were decent in spells but you can tell how little character there is in some of those players. I actually thought Dorrans was running the game in midfield 1st half but when you’ve got players looking totally disinterested like Polworth, alongside Dorrans lack of mobility. It was only going to end badly 

Also give Charlie Fox a 5 year contract please. An absolute Rolls Royce at the back 

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Who gives the slightest f**k if fans, football ones at that were optimistic? Christ. 

It's all good banter and that, but I'm not having the rape apologist, women hating Raith poster making out its some great crime following some of his takes on the Goodwillie signing. 

Some fans thought we wouldn't be shit, big deal. At least they weren't all keen for supporting a rapist, ken? 

You bring up Raith signing Goodwillie at every single opportunity you get. Forgot us fans scouted him and gave him the pen to sign the contract, our inept board did. Yes it’s fair to say our fans do have fans who’s opinion isn’t worth two grams of salt. Best thing to do? Ignore them like every other c**t does. What’s done is done, and the vast majority of fans don’t agree or condone what our club did.

You just focus on dusting off your shovel and spade and enjoy Peterhead away, neebur.

You bring up Raith signing Goodwillie at every single opportunity you get. Forgot us fans scouted him and gave him the pen to sign the contract, our inept board did. Yes it’s fair to say our fans do have fans who’s opinion isn’t worth two grams of salt. Best thing to do? Ignore them like every other c**t does. What’s done is done, and the vast majority of fans don’t agree or condone what our club did.
You just focus on dusting off your shovel and spade and enjoy Peterhead away, neebur.
Cry more

6 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
16 minutes ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Cry more

3BC9952D-8691-4367-B249-836F265D304B.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Raith fans are getting very touchy over me referring to a single Raith poster for his views, I mean, I'd be touchy too if I was hero worshipping McGlynn etc. 

As it is it was pretty clear that post was aimed at one poster, who for whatever reason adjudged fans being optimistic to be some crime, despite him being a belter of the highest order. If I didn't want people mentioning I was a women hating weirdo I wouldn't be making such a big deal about posts from months ago. 

I probably just wouldn't post but Raith Raver is here to stay it seems. 

37 minutes ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Why would he need both a shovel and a spade? They pretty much do the same thing.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

How has Ferrie been for you Queen's Park fans? Good to see he's getting a game. Surprise he usurped your long term number one in Wullie Muir!

He splits opinion I think. His shot stopping and one on one ability is terrific but he’s been woeful when it comes to dealing with aerial balls. Had a couple blunders over the last couple months but I do think there’s a really good keeper there. Might not be the long term first choice QP keeper but I’m more than happy to have him as the number 2 next season 

Saved us in the tie yesterday with a couple crucial stops 

Edited by qpfc

5 minutes ago, qpfc said:

He splits opinion I think. His shot stopping and one on one ability is terrific but he’s been woeful when it comes to dealing with aerial balls. Had a couple blunders over the last couple months but I do think there’s a really good keeper there. Might not be the long term first choice QP keeper but I’m more than happy to have him as the number 2 next season 

Saved us in the tie yesterday with a couple crucial stops 

Has Muir left you lads?

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Has Muir left you lads?

Injured it seems. Think he done his shoulder in months ago which ruled him out for the season. Although, he was dropped by Ellis prior to that