Queen's Park vs Dunfermline/Dunfermline vs Queen's Park

12 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Lol. Time is a great healer Grant. Uncle Yogi says you're all in it together and you've to take your medicine (both of these several times in the one interview) so once you've slept on how much of a c**t you and your underachievers have made of things...no, hang on, you have done already. Well, the big banter boy Yogi wants to help get you back where you belong. Doesn't say where that is, but you've to roll your sleeves up, look in the mirror etc. Sounds like good advice because down there, in L1, no one can hear you scream.

Cheerybyethenoooooooooo

michael GIF

I can see why the red was given. Think it was harsh, given that Murray knocked the ball so far away, with the sole intention of buying a free kick, it was never a ‘clear goal scoring opportunity’, but an experienced defender shouldn’t be diving in like that, in that position.

Regardless, that’s not the reason we’ve been relegated. QP had already started making changes to try and win the game, while we were doing nothing. That’s a very common theme under Hughes.

That midfield play leading to the red card, Polworth’s shite pass, Chalmers ball watching, then not even trying to make it hard for the opponent to get past him… that’s largely why we haven’t got to safety under Hughes. We were better with Todd, Allan and Pybus in midfield, but he signed wasters and decided they had to play every week, regardless of how they performed. Can add Lawless and Ambrose to the list of players that applies to.

Hughes is very much at fault here. He talked about Dorrans being really good in that number 10 role, so ended up moving Polworth into Pybus’ role, rather than deservedly dropping him, to allow Dorrans to play there. Even then, Dorrans spent much of the game in line with the CBs, leaving O’Hara isolated as we lumped long balls at him.

After the red, we moved Lawless up top to partner O’Hara and lumped high balls up to them all game. This tactic just handed QP the ball and they were back running at us every single time. But Yogi still wouldn’t bring on one of the 6’3(?) strikers we had on the bench until it was too late.

All the best to Coll Donaldson wherever he ends up and I hope Stolarczyk has a decent career. Lawless, Polworth, Ambrose, Chalmers* and Dorrans* - I’d be delighted if I never had to see them play for us. They’re only slightly less culpable than the management team.

*hopefully we find a way to punt these two. But who on earth would take them?

19 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:
200.gif

That's cute. I'll take that as confirmation that you know you've made a c**t of it. Off you pop. X

That's not what's happened, however if you believing that means you stop posting, batter on and keep believing bro. 

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

All the best to Coll Donaldson wherever he ends up and I hope Stolarczyk has a decent career. Lawless, Polworth, Ambrose, Chalmers* and Dorrans* - I’d be delighted if I never had to see them play for us. They’re only slightly less culpable than the management team.

*hopefully we find a way to punt these two. But who on earth would take them?

Thought that Dorrans actually played quite well yesterday. 

I think it speaks volumes about Yogis recruitment, in that he came in and identified the centre midfield as our weak spot and an area for improvement. However I genuinely beleive that Dorrans and Pybus are still the two best, he made an absolute mess of the recruitment bar Donaldson and Jakub. 

55 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Buzzing that they won't have to play under Yogi again/get an extra week off. 

Maybe a wee bit of column A, a wee bit of column B, I can't imagine we've been an enjoyable club to be at this season. Even then I don't get the impression the players are that fucked, the warning signs were there with the second half performance v QoTS. 

Having seen that, I think the shock of relegation and the impending clear out is a wee bit of silver lining for the Pars supporters. 

Thought that Dorrans actually played quite well yesterday. 

I think it speaks volumes about Yogis recruitment, in that he came in and identified the centre midfield as our weak spot and an area for improvement. However I genuinely beleive that Dorrans and Pybus are still the two best, he made an absolute mess of the recruitment bar Donaldson and Jakub. 

Would agree with that, to be fair. My main issue with Dorrans yesterday is that he spent so much time alongside the CBs, but it seemed like he was supposed to be playing in that 10 role. In fairness, the other 2 midfielders clearly deserve more criticism for that, as they are the ones that should have been helping out the defenders, rather than just watching the game.

But Dorrans is the captain and showed no leadership yesterday. Then again, neither did the manager. I think a lot of my criticism of Dorrans is based on holding him to a higher standard and expecting him to be a leader. Not because he’s been as bad as the rest. I think I kept expecting Dorrans to drive us forward and try and force something, but he just didn’t. Then he took forever to come off - not his fault the manager decided to sub both players who were standing over a free kick at the edge of the D, but Dorrans shouldn’t have been so concerned about giving the armband to someone else when things were so desperate and should have just run off.

I don’t think Dorrans has been that bad for us since that Ayr incident. I just don’t think he’s what we need. I’d like to have seen him beside Pybus, as I think they could have balanced each other out quite well. But I’d probably rather keep Pybus than Dorrans - something I never thought I’d be saying!

Can’t really compute what happened there. Winner was like an outer body experience. I’m happy to walk around with a tattoo on my face of everything negative I’ve ever said about this team if it means going up. Incredible day and one that I didn’t see coming. Football, bloody hell.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Dunfermline and Falkirk both consigned to seaside league irrelevance for all of eternity?!

The Simpsons Beer GIF

Maybe Dunfermline will emulate Falkirk and hatch a five year plan to get from the third tier to the Premier league. Falkirk like it so much they've decided to start a new five year plan.....

Fair fucks to all QP fans, it's bad enough supporting a team where the media is geared towards two teams, never mind being situated only a few miles from them both.

Hope you pump Airdrie in the final. 

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Fair fucks to all QP fans, it's bad enough supporting a team where the media is geared towards two teams, never mind being situated only a few miles from them both.

Down Down Down GIF by Jay Sean

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Your humble and kind words almost make me feel bad about posting this picture, but it's too good not to:

IMG-20220508-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Zanetti

Well now. Story of those two games is some gritty defending and some excellent subs from Coyle. Changes on Wednesday got us a bit of a grip when we were under the cosh and then a big decision to go two up and take the game to them yesterday (when we’re all probably thinking let’s take our chances on pens).  

Simon Murray tho. What a dude. 

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Having seen that, I think the shock of relegation and the impending clear out is a wee bit of silver lining for the Pars supporters. 

Being out the country has helped me feel fairly indifferent to the relegation, and when I posted yesterday about it being a net positive if it results in us losing Yogi is something I genuinely beleive in, if we stayed up we'd be sacking the c**t in October regardless. 

However those feelings of "This could turn out alright" will dissappear if we keep him on, get a new manager, a bunch of new players and I'll be raring to go for the new season in the Kingdom. 

I would assume the red card was given because both Ambrose's feet were off the ground when he dived in. The simplistic approach used by many referees is both feet off the ground = no control of the tackle = endangering the safety of an opponent, a red card offence. It's not always accurate and probably wasn't there, but it's a more likely basis than denying a clear goalscoring opportunity. 

Can’t really compute what happened there. Winner was like an outer body experience. I’m happy to walk around with a tattoo on my face of everything negative I’ve ever said about this team if it means going up. Incredible day and one that I didn’t see coming. Football, bloody hell.
What a day and scenes at the goal! Not quite sure how we went in level at the break but last ditch defending combined with woeful Pars finishing meant we were always in with a shout the game went on
Thought Fox and Robson were immense and shout out for Calum Ferrie whose taken plenty stick on here recently for a couple of crucial saves [emoji122]