Queen's Park vs Dunfermline/Dunfermline vs Queen's Park

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

John Hughes simply is not a good football manager. He may have been in the past, but he isn't now, and hasn't been for a while.

That groan when we all saw O'Hara's number come up on the board is something that I'll never forget.

John Hughes simply is not a good football manager. He may have been in the past, but he isn't now, and hasn't been for a while.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after keeping Ross County up, but he is certainly hitting the same lows as Livi, Raith etc. An absolute clown. Not much better than fucking Peter Grant.

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after keeping Ross County up, but he is certainly hitting the same lows as Livi, Raith etc. An absolute clown. Not much better than fucking Peter Grant.

Only kept County up cause we (killie) were so bad. If we'd had a half decent keeper county would have been in the playoffs.

Is there a chance Yogi was keeping DT23 for the better pitch on Saturday, fresh legs etc. Dom came on against Thistle the other week and hardly had a kick, we all know he likes to get it down and run at people and it was near impossible. Not making excuses just wondering if that’s his logic.

Do I fancy us to beat QP at East End? Yes. Do I think we’ll lose the first leg of the final regardless of the opposition and fail to recover in the second leg? Yes.

Biggest takeaway for me tonight was the graft that our boys put in. Far too many games this season where we’ve shirked tackles or not tracked runners but everyone of ours put everything into that tonight and the crowd responded in turn. It was night and day from recent displays at Peterhead and Montrose and great to see.

I still make Dunfermline favourites (quite simply, I think they have better players than us) but I’m really encouraged by tonight and looking forward to Saturday.

Another trip to Firhill and another absolutely chronic match that would get football stopped. 4 of the 5 worst games of football I've ever seen have all happened this season. It's depressing to watch because it's not just us that struggle to make simple passes.

Felt we were very poor and still managed to be the better side. First half there was no urgency at all and with the small crowd it felt like a friendly tbh. We improved second half and although I never felt we would actually score, we at least got into positions where that was a lot more likely to happen.

As others have mentioned, the disbelief and despair when it became clear Hughes was taking off O'Hara instead of a midfielder was widespread. He clearly felt a draw was a good result.

QP didn't impress at all but I still get the feeling they'll relegate us on Saturday.

7 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Brutal game to watch. Absolutely no idea what the point was in us trying to constantly hoof the ball up the park, that has rarely if ever worked all season.

Spot on; my only thought was that they decided not to pass it through the middle of the park, which is a lottery, so play it long and try to pass and create an opening in the final third. 

The best I could hope for was to be still in the tie for the 2nd leg and that has been achieved.  

I thought we matched the Pars for all but a dodgy spell in the middle of the second half when we did well not to crumble. I was expecting more from them. Give us credit as we were up a notch on quality than recently. It was, though, a pretty dire game, albeit quite exciting.

I'd be tempted to play Murray and Quitongo from the start on Saturday as I reckon that "first goal's the winner".

7 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Is there a chance Yogi was keeping DT23 for the better pitch on Saturday, fresh legs etc. Dom came on against Thistle the other week and hardly had a kick, we all know he likes to get it down and run at people and it was near impossible. Not making excuses just wondering if that’s his logic.

Do I fancy us to beat QP at East End? Yes. Do I think we’ll lose the first leg of the final regardless of the opposition and fail to recover in the second leg? Yes.

Wouldn't be surprised if we never saw Thomas play for us again.

Saying that, he'll probably be an 80th minute sub.

Looked like Dorrans' hammy went or at least a twinge so wouldn't bet on him being around. 

Chalmers HAS to come out of the team, its important. I would put Cole in there. I would even put Matty Todd in there and have Comrie right back. Matty was appalling at the start of the season in midfield but maybe his new found confidence is the answer to that, maybe not, but Chalmers HAS to come out. 

7 hours ago, Big Badger said:

Biggest takeaway for me tonight was the graft that our boys put in. Far too many games this season where we’ve shirked tackles or not tracked runners but everyone of ours put everything into that tonight and the crowd responded in turn. It was night and day from recent displays at Peterhead and Montrose and great to see. 

Aye, definitely. Even at full time every player (and Coyle) over to the fans, seemed a real togetherness last night. 

The first half was atrocious. Very little football played but i genuinely think a lot of that was down to the pitch. One in particular where McHugh tried to lay the ball 5 yards to Longridge on the edge of the box and it bounced over Longridge’s foot. Also, had McHugh had a bit more support closer to him from our midfield, I think we could have taken advantage of Ambrose’s shocker of a first half. 

Second half both teams were a bit better. Dunfermline had a couple of half chances but I thought our defence for the most part coped very well. Tommy Robson had a great game. After a ropey start to the season, other than Charlie Fox, he’s been arguably our most consistent player. 

Murray and Quitongo coming on when they did definitely gave the fans a lift. Both of them happy to actually run at Dunfermline’s defence. I would start Quitongo on Saturday in place of Longridge. Dunfermline’s left back matched him for pace last night but he can produce something out of nothing. Unfortunately Longridge has been poor for a while now and shouldn’t be a starter imo.

Definite positives to take going. 

If that was a step up in play for QP, then their season really must have been utter horse shit. QP barely laid a glove on us and only came at us when we gifted them possession, particularly Efe in the first half. Again, the pitch made the game a total leveler. It was shocking. Hopefully with DT23 starting and on our own patch it makes for a better spectacle, at least. 

9 minutes ago, Gall09 said:

Tommy Robson had a great game. After a ropey start to the season, other than Charlie Fox, he’s been arguably our most consistent player. 

Aye fair play to Robson, he’s proved me wrong. He’s always been handy going forward but equally and more importantly he’s now became very reliable defensively. More than happy to see him retained next season 

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

If that was a step up in play for QP, then their season really must have been utter horse shit. QP barely laid a glove on us and only came at us when we gifted them possession, particularly Efe in the first half. Again, the pitch made the game a total leveler. It was shocking. Hopefully with DT23 starting and on our own patch it makes for a better spectacle, at least. 

In terms of quality there was no step up, it was a dire spectacle all round. We’re normally guilty of overplaying it but last night we seemed to just blooter the ball anywhere.

The most redeeming factor from a qp perspective was a step up in desire, organisation and application. Something we’ve been utterly chronic for throughout large parts of the season. Last night was certainly a big contrast from the previous 3 weeks, where the players looked like they couldn’t wait for the season to be over 

Edited by qpfc