Queen's Park vs Dunfermline/Dunfermline vs Queen's Park

Absolutely howling game of football. Guess the main thing is we didn’t lose. Neither team looked like scoring. Goal only looked likely from a mistake. 

Not heard a crowd that against the team since Grant. Truly abysmal. Yogi cannot stay on regardless what happens. The fan pressure should be far too much. Rotten. 

That's the most annoyed I've heard the Pars fans since Grant was in charge, Hughes will be very much aware people aren't buying his shit. 

Nah, his interview will involve him talking about how well we played and how we deserved to win. Failed to score in 9/13 away games under Hughes and he seems to blame it all on luck and repeatedly refuses to go out and try to win an away game.

That's the best we've played since beating Raith, and it still wasn't very good.

At least we actually created a couple of chances tonight. Their keeper even had to make a save!

Brutal game to watch. Absolutely no idea what the point was in us trying to constantly hoof the ball up the park, that has rarely if ever worked all season.

Thought we looked a bit more lively once Murray and Quitongo came on, even if the Pars left back did cover him very well. You don't often see players with more pace than Jai.

Still, all to play for in Saturday. I'm hopeful that Connell will be back by then, but his absence from even the bench today doesn't fill me confidence.

Either way changes need to be made if we want to progress to the final. Smith was poor tonight I felt, and McHugh really struggled to keep up with the Dunfermline defence at all.

Peter Grant definitely deserved man of the match. He might very well be the slowest player you'll ever see (thanks to his injuries) but he still has a very good football brain on him and is always in the right place at the right time.

Edited by Zanetti

Not a great spectacle, no quality in the game. Real whiff of fear of making a mistake. That being said, there was a steel, organisation and endeavour there that hasn’t been present for much of the season. Cannot fault the players on that front.

All I wanted was to keep this alive for Saturday. Go again with the same attitude on Saturday and see where it takes us. Different prospect altogether. Better surface, big home support. The latter could work in our favour depending on the way the game is going. 

Different prospect altogether. Better surface, big home support. The latter could work in our favour depending on the way the game is going. 

Think this is absolutely true. If it’s still 0-0 and we’ve created barely any chances by the second half I’d make Queen’s Park favourites.

I reckon the decent enough away support but with not much of a singing section really amplified how frustrated the Pars fans were tonight.

Dorrans was better than what Pybus has offered this season, if both fit I’m taking the former. I’m a dafty for wanting to hook Polworth before Chalmers. Chalmers was fucking awful in that second half and how he managed the full 90 I’ll never understand. Yogi’s subs were also completely baffling.

12 minutes ago, an86 said:

Not a great spectacle, no quality in the game. Real whiff of fear of making a mistake. That being said, there was a steel, organisation and endeavour there that hasn’t been present for much of the season. Cannot fault the players on that front.

All I wanted was to keep this alive for Saturday. Go again with the same attitude on Saturday and see where it takes us. Different prospect altogether. Better surface, big home support. The latter could work in our favour depending on the way the game is going. 

I actually didn’t mind the game as a neutral, though I went into it with very low expectations. Two stuffy teams, neither of whom showed any real quality and I feel both teams in last nights game played better than the two teams tonight. You’re spot on about organisation and work-rate though. I think that’s the ninth time I’ve seen Queen’s Park this season, the six Airdrie games and a few others, and they’ve very much been a mixed bag. Tonight was probably the most organised I’ve seen them, everybody seemed to know their roles and Queen’s Park certainly seemed to have more desire going into tackles and for second balls. 

Dunfermline will be big favourites on Saturday but based on tonight there’s no reason why Queen’s Park can’t go there and sneak a win. Even then, if any team can scrape through with another draw and penalties it’s this Queen’s Park team.

Took that in as a (somewhat) neutral tonight. Thought QP defended well but maybe missed an opportunity by just launching it the entire game. The introduction of Murray livened things up but was maybe too late to make a real difference.
Dunfermline look to have some better quality players but had little drive or desire about their play. I'd still have them as favourites for the tie but wouldn't be confident in either side for the final.

Decided to watch tonight’s game and what a poor game it was , Thought the Pars had a couple of good chances and certainly looked the better team just , Thought Dorrans had a good game but like at the Rovers Hughes is a complete roaster with his post match interviews always entertaining though, honestly fear for the Pars because Montrose or Airdrie will be a harder challenge than Queens 

Absolutely eye bleeding stuff but like what’s been mentioned above, all I wanted was the tie to still be in the balance come Saturday. We really missed connell’s unpredictability in the midfield and there was never a point where I thought we were genuinely going to score 

Cant say the lineup inspired me with much hope. Not only was it extremely cautious, If mchugh is going to be the lone striker, you’ve got to have players around him with a bit more mobility. Longridge quite simply does not offer that and that’s why Quitongo needs to start. Brown had a stinker aswell unfortunately, although surprisingly it looked like Davidson and Lyon were the more advanced midfielders

However, I’ll take solace that Dunfermline looked equally as awful and come Saturday, it’s essentially a one off cup final. We never took any sort advantage on how dodgy Ambrose looked and a part of me slightly feels tonight was a missed opportunity to really get an advantage. You just never know though, we might just sneak it. Here’s hoping 🤞 

6 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Absolutely eye bleeding stuff but like what’s been mentioned above, all I wanted was the tie to still be in the balance come Saturday. We really missed connell’s unpredictability in the midfield and there was never a point where I thought we were genuinely going to score 

Cant say the lineup inspired me with much hope. Not only was it extremely cautious, If mchugh is going to be the lone striker, you’ve got to have players around him with a bit more mobility. Longridge quite simply does not offer that and that’s why Quitongo needs to start. Brown had a stinker aswell unfortunately, although surprisingly it looked like Davidson and Lyon were the more advanced midfielders

However, I’ll take solace that Dunfermline looked equally as awful and come Saturday, it’s essentially a one off cup final. We never took any sort advantage on how dodgy Ambrose looked and a part of me slightly feels tonight was a missed opportunity to really get an advantage. You just never know though, we might just sneak it. Here’s hoping 🤞 

I never watched tonght but have seen Dunfermline a few times this season and it sounds familiar- they never looked great at any point against us.  Hope you guys get around them at the weekend- this LG eagle could do with a shake up

Dorrans was better than what Pybus has offered this season, if both fit I’m taking the former. I’m a dafty for wanting to hook Polworth before Chalmers. Chalmers was fucking awful in that second half and how he managed the full 90 I’ll never understand. Yogi’s subs were also completely baffling.

Dorrans played behind the striker, where Polworth usually plays. So it’s not really a fair comparison. Polworth dropped into that Pybus shaped hole and I think Pybus is more effective there. But all 3 are a better option than Chalmers. If Pybus is fit for Saturday, I’d drop Chalmers and play Polworth, Pybus and Dorrans - that’s assuming he goes with the same system. I’d prefer to see Dorrans and Pybus in a 2, if they’re both fit and McCann and O’Hara up top together. Yogi loves Chalmers though, for some unknown reason, and this won’t happen.

Dom’s also much better than any other wide player we have and has to start.

I think we are a better team than Queens Park. They 100% can rock up to EEP and shit fest a result, but I think we should have too much quality in the end.

Pitch a total leveller tonight and whenever we did get in to good spaces we point blank refused to pull the trigger. Trying to walk the ball in to the net constantly.

Also, Hughes can GTF after that shambles of a tactical display and use, or lack thereof, of appropriate substitutes. A complete roaster.

If Pybus is fit, he has to replace Chalmers. Chalmers is fucking disgracefully bad and should be nowhere near this club. Polworth should be hooked as well, but there’s probably no one else that can play there? Unsure if a sitting midfield of Pybus and Dorrans with Cole in a more advanced role to take us up the pitch is worth a shot? Dom also has to start. He is our best player and is picking splinters out his arse constantly because reasons.

Sick of this team and this season. It’s a complete disaster from top to bottom. The top don’t want to own up to their ineptitude in appointing Grant, leaving it too long to punt him, and then hire a complete tube of a man. Oh, and the players and coaching staff aren’t fit to wear the badge. It’s been a total c*nt of a season, and I don’t care if we go down, I just want it all to be over now.

Donaldson and Edwards the only ones with a bit of guile. Jakub also one of the only ones that looks like he gives a shit.

6 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Donaldson and Edwards the only ones with a bit of guile. Jakub also one of the only ones that looks like he gives a shit.

A bit unfair, Todd was absolutely excellent today. Even Ambrose in the second half was very good (after the worst performance I've ever seen from a Pars player in the first half).  Our defence was really the only thing that I was actually happy with today.